Author Topic: Entire police department resigns in Minnesota city, leaves mayor ‘blindsided’: 'Zero applicants'  (Read 619 times)

Online libertybele

Entire police department resigns in Minnesota city, leaves mayor ‘blindsided’: 'Zero applicants'

Goodhue, Minnesota, a small city in the southeastern part of the state, lost its entire police force after the chief and other members of the department handed in their resignation.

"I think we're all a little bit blindsided by it, but we're resilient, and we're going to move forward," Goodhue Mayor Ellen Anderson Buck told Fox 9.

"I want to reiterate that we will have police coverage in the city of Goodhue," Buck said. "That is not an issue."...........

Police Chief Josh Smith, who will continue to serve in his position until Aug. 24, told city officials that he could not find anyone to sign up to join the police force.

"This has been three weeks now, we have zero applicants, and I have zero prospects," Smith said on July 26. "I’ve called every PD around for the youngest guys out there, getting into the game. There's nobody getting into the game."

"If you want to keep the PD and this is something we want to continue going with, something needs to change dramatically and drastically, and it's got to happen now."...........

https://www.foxnews.com/media/entire-police-department-resigns-minnesota-town-leaves-mayor-blindsided-zero-applicants
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

Online libertybele

:mauslaff:

P.S. if you haven't moved out of Goodhue, MN .... now just might be the time.   :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Fishrrman prediction:
When they can't get civilian police any more, they'll first turn to military police (from the state National Guard). And after that, regular National Guard troops.

SOMEONE will be called upon to maintain a semblance of "order".

Another prediction:
The Posse Comitatus law may be repealed in the not-too-distant future.
Due to circumstances just like this one...