Author Topic: East Village resident stabbed 40 to 50 times, killed in ‘unprovoked’ attack, prosecutor says  (Read 197 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
East Village resident stabbed 40 to 50 times, killed in ‘unprovoked’ attack, prosecutor says

BY DAVID HERNANDEZ
AUG. 14, 2023 6:51 PM PT

SAN DIEGO —  A 38-year-old East Village resident was in his kitchen last week, looking through his mail when a stranger showed up, a prosecutor said Monday.

The stranger walked into the apartment — the front door had been propped open with a fan — and stabbed Andrew Phillip Holland 40 to 50 times “in an unprovoked, callous rage,” Deputy District Attorney Miriam Hurtado told a judge in San Diego Superior Court.

Holland was stabbed in his head and torso, and died at the scene.

The details about the attack were revealed during an arraignment for the accused assailant, Maxwell Logan, 25, who pleaded not guilty to felony charges including murder and an allegation he used a knife in Holland’s death.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/courts/story/2023-08-14/east-village-resident-stabbed-40-to-50-times-killed-in-unprovoked-attack-prosecutor-says
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson