Author Topic: Biden administration unveils new college admissions guidance  (Read 328 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden administration unveils new college admissions guidance

The guidance aims to help colleges navigate what remains legally viable for diverse admissions practices.

By Bianca Quilantan

08/14/2023 11:30 AM EDT

The Biden administration on Monday released new guidance to help colleges navigate what remains legally viable in admissions to ensure their campuses recruit and admit diverse classes.

The Supreme Court in June gutted race-conscious admissions practices that colleges have used for decades after it sided with Students for Fair Admissions in its cases against Harvard University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

“We know what has happened at colleges, when individual states have banned affirmative action in the past,” Education Secretary Miguel Cardona said on a press call. “Fewer students of color applied, and fewer students of color were admitted. We cannot afford that kind of backpedaling on a national scale.”

Since the decision, institutions have scrambled to update their admissions processes ahead of the fall application season. They’ve had to navigate how to remove barriers for underrepresented applicants while also dealing with adversarial nudges from SFFA’s legal counsel.

more
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/14/biden-administration-college-admissions-guidance-00111060
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Biden administration unveils new college admissions guidance
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2023, 02:32:54 pm »
 ////00000////

White heterosexual Christian males of Western European descent need not apply?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 02:36:27 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.