Author Topic: Yellen on Poor Polls on Economy: ‘Most Americans Feel Good About Their Own Economic Situation’  (Read 994 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Yellen on Poor Polls on Economy: ‘Most Americans Feel Good About Their Own Economic Situation’

Ian Hanchett 14 Aug 2023

On Monday’s broadcast of CNN’s “OutFront,” Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen responded to poor polling numbers on the economy and President Joe Biden’s handling of the economy by stating that people tell pollsters they’re happy about their own financial situation and “So, they seem to perceive the economy as a whole as doing less well than they are personally. But most Americans feel good about their own economic situation.”

Host Erin Burnett asked, “The latest CNN poll, Secretary Yellen, shows that 75% of Americans believe the economy is in poor condition, and maybe that’s because, again, even though inflation rates have come down, they are still paying more. 63% of people in this poll disapprove of how President Biden is handling the economy. What do you say, Secretary Yellen, to the clear majority of Americans who simply do not believe that the administration is helping them?”

Yellen responded, “Well, Americans know best, I think, about their own personal finances. And it is important to recognize that when they’re asked how are they personally doing, over 70% of Americans say that they’re very comfortable with their financial situation. So, they seem to perceive the economy as a whole as doing less well than they are personally. But most Americans feel good about their own economic situation. And, of course, I’m here in Nevada today to talk to people about President Biden’s economic plan over the last year, real wages have been rising in almost all sectors of the economy and the biggest gains have gone to low-income workers who have seen a significant reduction in inequality.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/08/14/yellen-on-poor-polls-on-economy-most-americans-feel-good-about-their-own-economic-situation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Yellen on Gas Price Surge: Gas Prices Lower than Peak, Inflation News ‘Overall Excellent’

On Monday’s broadcast of CNN’s “OutFront,” Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen stated that the recent jump in the price of gas is in part due to increases in demand due to the summer driving season and some “global factors.” But that gas prices are much lower than they were at their peak last year and that while gas prices are “an area of uncertainty” and there still are some risks, “more broadly, inflation has come way down,” “So, I think the inflation news has been overall excellent.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/08/14/yellen-on-gas-price-surge-gas-prices-lower-than-peak-inflation-news-overall-excellent/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I guess it is true, that if you tell a lie enough times it becomes your truth Janet baby.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

I guess I don't fall into that "feel good category".
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Idiot

Me either.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

It's obvious that you just don't get Bidenomics then.  /s

Offline Kamaji

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Go back to your home planet Janet.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline andy58-in-nh

Over 70% of Americans are "comfortable" with their personal financial situation, but somehow, 60% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck.

Yeah, sure. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Most of us are one layoff, one injury, one illness, one foreclosure, one stock market crash away from personal and financial ruin.

We are spiders hanging over the flames of Hell by a thread, and the Federal Reserve is holding the scissors.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7UeIrXI1Vc

Now a lot of these morons blame "corporations" for inflation, but clearly Janet isn't right. These are the Dumbs own voters mind you.

Online LMAO

Another example of what happens when just box checking  becomes more important than competency and ability

They can’t even spin convincingly
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online cato potatoe

Over 70% of Americans are "comfortable" with their personal financial situation, but somehow, 60% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck.

Yeah, sure.

Many of them are too comfortable.  The median retirement savings for boomers is $90-160k, depending on the source you prefer.  The next crisis will be prodigal boomers who blow through their modest inheritance and move back in with their children.

Offline Wingnut

Many of them are too comfortable.  The median retirement savings for boomers is $90-160k, depending on the source you prefer.  The next crisis will be prodigal boomers who blow through their modest inheritance and move back in with their children.
I have a fallback position if I burn thru my modest saving.  They say Geriatric gimp on pronhub is kinda of a big deal and growing as boomers age.   

Offline libertybele

I have a fallback position if I burn thru my modest saving.  They say Geriatric gimp on pronhub is kinda of a big deal and growing as boomers age.

Plan B -- maybe working on a cruise ship visited by the elitist  -- tips -- R&B, free eats and some medical.  Should at least be able to hide out somewhere when I'm too old and decrepit to walk -- somewhere near the kitchen where I can at least beg for food scraps.  :whistle:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

OnlyFans, here we come, so to speak!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Aunt Clara says what?