Author Topic: Former Marine captain’s Syrian detention reaches 11th year  (Read 195 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Former Marine captain’s Syrian detention reaches 11th year
« on: August 15, 2023, 01:09:22 pm »
Former Marine captain’s Syrian detention reaches 11th year
By Todd South
 Aug 14, 05:07 PM

WASHINGTON ― The mother of a Marine veteran who has been held hostage in Syria for 11 years has long tired of the secrecy and backroom dealings that leave her and her family in the dark as to the whereabouts and fate of her son Austin Tice.

Debra Tice, 62, has watched the man who controls the White House change from President Barack Obama to President Donald Trump to President Joseph Biden.

All three commanders-in-chief have pledged to bring Austin Tice, 42, home. Thus far, all have failed.

Monday during a panel at the National Press Club in Washington, Debra Tice had a direct message for Biden.

“Mr. President, actions speak louder than words,” Debra Tice said. “Show me.”

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/veterans/2023/08/14/former-marine-captains-syrian-detention-reaches-11th-year/#:~:text=WASHINGTON%20%E2%80%95%20The%20mother%20of%20a,of%20her%20son%20Austin%20Tice.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson