Author Topic: Who will pay for health care for asylum seekers in NY? Local officials seek answers  (Read 354 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Who will pay for health care for asylum seekers in NY? Local officials seek answers
David Robinson
New York State Team

At a minimum, asylum seekers' health care costs in Westchester and Monroe could top $600,000 and $120,000, respectively, in the first year, records show.

But the true price tag will assuredly be higher as authorities expect additional waves of asylum-seeking migrants to arrive, including some with more serious and costlier medical needs.
Health care leaders are raising concerns about the rising cost of caring for hundreds of asylum seekers relocated from New York City to communities across New York.

In Westchester and Monroe counties, a mix of local health departments, nonprofits and federal health centers leaped into action to screen hundreds of migrants for infectious diseases and provide basic medical care in recent months.

At a minimum, those health care costs in Westchester and Monroe could top $600,000 and $120,000, respectively, in the first year, records show.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2023/08/15/ny-asylum-seeker-health-care-costs-rising-who-will-pay/70590095007/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

You mean virtue signaling can get expensive? ////00000////
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy