Author Topic: Trump Needs to Man-Up and Debate  (Read 4471 times)

Offline Kamaji

Trump Needs to Man-Up and Debate
« on: August 15, 2023, 12:05:33 pm »

Derek Hunter
Aug 15, 2023

I know people love the man, but I don’t care. I’d happily vote for him for president for a third time if he wins the nomination, but what I won’t do is obey the army of goons and parasites who try to enforce absolute fealty to any politician ever.

I don’t owe Donald Trump a damn thing. He’s a politician, I’m a voter. He, and all politicians, owe me; owe us.

That’s unpopular to say nowadays, unless it’s about Democrats. But too many Republicans have developed blind loyalty to someone they’ve maybe only ever met at a grip and grin photo-op.

It’s not just Trump, it’s all of them. Every. Single. One. Of. Them.

You owe them nothing, they owe you. Once you lose sight of that it’s over.

So. When I see people declaring it’s their candidate or they won’t vote, I know I’m dealing with a moron. I don’t care who the candidate is – I’ve seen it for quite a few of them, just one a hell of a lot more than the others – it’s an incredibly stupid concept.

The presidency, even the nomination of a party, is not a reward for past deeds; it’s the investment of hope in future ones. That’s why so many people who seek high office lie – they swear they’ll do things in the hope they can check a couple of those boxes, but really just want the power and prestige.

Somebody is going to get it, why not the person you agree with the most?

That bit goes for the general election and the primary – why not the person you agree with the most?

To know who that is, you have to hear them all out, at least some, and you need to hear them discuss it all with each other. The idea that a candidate would run from debates is something Democrats do, not Republicans.

That’s why it’s so annoying that Donald Trump might not show up to at least the first few primary debates.

Source:  https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2023/08/15/trump-needs-to-man-up-and-debate-n2626999

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Re: Trump Needs to Man-Up and Debate
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2023, 12:54:49 am »

Derek Hunter
Aug 15, 2023

I know people love the man, but I don’t care. I’d happily vote for him for president for a third time if he wins the nomination, but what I won’t do is obey the army of goons and parasites who try to enforce absolute fealty to any politician ever.

I don’t owe Donald Trump a damn thing. He’s a politician, I’m a voter. He, and all politicians, owe me; owe us.

That’s unpopular to say nowadays, unless it’s about Democrats. But too many Republicans have developed blind loyalty to someone they’ve maybe only ever met at a grip and grin photo-op.

It’s not just Trump, it’s all of them. Every. Single. One. Of. Them.

You owe them nothing, they owe you. Once you lose sight of that it’s over.

So. When I see people declaring it’s their candidate or they won’t vote, I know I’m dealing with a moron. I don’t care who the candidate is – I’ve seen it for quite a few of them, just one a hell of a lot more than the others – it’s an incredibly stupid concept.

The presidency, even the nomination of a party, is not a reward for past deeds; it’s the investment of hope in future ones. That’s why so many people who seek high office lie – they swear they’ll do things in the hope they can check a couple of those boxes, but really just want the power and prestige.

Somebody is going to get it, why not the person you agree with the most?

That bit goes for the general election and the primary – why not the person you agree with the most?

To know who that is, you have to hear them all out, at least some, and you need to hear them discuss it all with each other. The idea that a candidate would run from debates is something Democrats do, not Republicans.

That’s why it’s so annoying that Donald Trump might not show up to at least the first few primary debates.

Source:  https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2023/08/15/trump-needs-to-man-up-and-debate-n2626999

:thumbsup:
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2023, 01:47:14 am »
   I am most happy with him gone from the debates till his poll numbers start dropping.  We had 4 years to see what he'll do let's hear from the others for a change.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2023, 01:50:39 am »
Realistically, is there anything we don't already know about the guy that would make a difference?  I think having him there would turn it into a debate about Trump instead of a debate on the issues.

I'd rather have him participate a few months down the road when the field is a winnowed a bit.  That way, everyone will get enough time so that it won't just be a battle of one liners.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2023, 02:09:51 am »
Nah. He can skip the debates all he wants. All he'd do is suck the air out of the room like he always does.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2023, 03:04:38 am »
Trump needs to man-up and fight the charges that have been levied against him.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2023, 01:06:26 am »
"AT LEAST THEY'RE HONEST!!!🤣🤣🤣" (Video)

https://twitter.com/PapiTrumpo/status/1691977164743184880

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2023, 11:38:43 am »
At the very least, Trump needs to start acting like an adult, and not like a spoilt little child.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2023, 06:34:09 pm »
At the very least, Trump needs to start acting like an adult, and not like a spoilt little child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoN7_lR1MOw

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2023, 06:40:33 pm »
Actually, it's better for the other candidates that Trump not appear.

Trump sucks all the oxygen out the room.

This gives Americans a better chance to hear what each candidate is trying to sell us.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2023, 06:45:24 pm »
I would like Trump to appear in the debates, though he won't sign the pledge to support the GOP nominee so we'll see what happens.  At any rate, I think he's afraid to debate DeSantis. Trump of course will be bullying, and if all the other candidates are wise they'll ignore the attacks and debate the issues.  Trump will look like an absolute fool.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2023, 07:03:53 pm »
I would like Trump to appear in the debates, though he won't sign the pledge to support the GOP nominee so we'll see what happens.  At any rate, I think he's afraid to debate DeSantis. Trump of course will be bullying, and if all the other candidates are wise they'll ignore the attacks and debate the issues.  Trump will look like an absolute fool.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2023, 10:04:42 pm »
What, exactly, is Trump threatening here? False allegations of homosexuality against De Santis?

https://twitter.com/Christo16275219/status/1692238377729274033
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2023, 10:10:07 pm »
What, exactly, is Trump threatening here? False allegations of homosexuality against De Santis?

I read it as he's threatening false accusations of DeSantis having sex with a minor.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2023, 10:11:15 pm »
(or possibly a man!)

Just stop.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2023, 10:13:32 pm »

This is the same sleazy allegation that Trump pushed months ago.  It may even have been the final straw that pushed me from just preferring DeSantis in the primary, to being unwilling to vote for Trump in the general election.

It's also why I have zero sympathy for him personally with these criminal charges.   I couldn't care less what happens to him - I oppose the prosecutions based on the facts that it is an abuse of government power.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 10:17:56 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2023, 10:16:37 pm »

That's right. I think Tumpy can't debate on the issues, because his knowledge is shallow. He's all about roaring crowds, and little else.

Offline corbe

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2023, 10:20:50 pm »
   Obviously, Trump's Internal Polls are showing something different than what @Right_in_Virginia posts here everyday   :shrug:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2023, 10:22:59 pm »
   Obviously, Trump's Internal Polls are showing something different than what @Right_in_Virginia posts here everyday   :shrug:
Better be careful your looking to be called full of Desanctimonius :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2023, 10:24:27 pm »
This is the same sleazy allegation that Trump pushed months ago.  It may even have been the final straw that pushed me from just preferring DeSantis in the primary, to being unwilling to vote for Trump in the general election.

It's also why I have zero sympathy for him personally with these criminal charges.   I couldn't care less what happens to him - I oppose the prosecutions based on the facts that it is an abuse of government power.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2023, 11:59:09 pm »
That's right. I think Tumpy can't debate on the issues, because his knowledge is shallow. He's all about roaring crowds, and little else.

Yup
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Idiot

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2023, 12:18:20 am »

This crap right here is why thousands if not millions WILL NOT VOTE FOR TRUMP.  It's the same old crap over and over.  I'm with you, I'm also to point that I don't care what happens to him.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2023, 12:19:04 am »
:amen:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2023, 12:26:41 am »
Realistically, is there anything we don't already know about the guy that would make a difference?  I think having him there would turn it into a debate about Trump instead of a debate on the issues.

I'd rather have him participate a few months down the road when the field is a winnowed a bit.  That way, everyone will get enough time so that it won't just be a battle of one liners.

I agree...Let's see if anybody has any good ideas.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2023, 03:14:20 am »
I wonder if Vivek and Christie would focus on Ronny now that they're ahead of him in two early primary states  :pondering: