Author Topic: Clarence Thomas Smears Are About Reverse Court-Packing, Forcing Conservative Justices Off Key Cases  (Read 448 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Klukowski: Clarence Thomas Smears Are About Reverse Court-Packing, Forcing Conservative Justices Off Key Cases

Ken Klukowski 13 Aug 2023 Washington, DC

Leftists’ recent barrage of smears against Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas appear to be an unconstitutional attempt at reverse court-packing: forcing conservative justices off certain key cases to shape their outcome and, with it, the direction of the nation.

Liberals have recently fired up their attack machine into high gear on the longest-serving justice on the Supreme Court, alleging all sorts of novel ethical improprieties and pushing for alarming so-called “ethics” legislation in response.

These latest attacks focus on new theories of what the Left calls ethical violations, for things like accompanying wealthy friends on trips or going places on their yachts.

Thomas explained in a statement, “Early in my tenure at the Court, I sought guidance from my colleagues and others in the judiciary, and was advised that this sort of personal hospitality from close personal friends, who did not have business before the Court, was not reportable.”

Indeed these items were not covered by any ethics standard at the time they happened.

It is critical to understand that other justices have also acted on that same understanding. The late liberal icon Ruth Bader Ginsburg took luxury trips. Another liberal, Justice Stephen Breyer, has taken over 200 such trips and similar gifts. No one raised flags for those darlings of the political left.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/13/klukowski-clarence-thomas-reverse-court-packing/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34