Author Topic: Defrocked priest fled to Italy with teen he had been ‘grooming’: cops  (Read 317 times)

Online Kamaji

Defrocked priest fled to Italy with teen he had been ‘grooming’: cops

By Matthew Sedacca
August 12, 2023

Police in Mobile, Alabama, are investigating a defrocked priest over claims that he had been “grooming” a recent high school grad before the pair shipped out to Italy.

Former priest Alex Crow, 30, is on the run with a 18-year-old graduate of McGill-Toolen Catholic High School, where he spoke in theology classes and heard confessions, according to local reports.

Although police initially didn’t suspect any romance between the pair, they soon discovered that the teen had received a love letter from the unholy man on Valentine’s Day, while she was still a student.

“I believe there was some grooming that’s gone on, and you’ve got a much older adult interacting with teenage girls in an inappropriate way,” Sheriff Paul Burch told NBC 15. He also suggested that more female students may have been involved with Crow.

Crow, who was ordained in 2021, had been assigned to the Corpus Christi Parish, but was removed from the clergy by the Archdiocese of Mobile last month after he abandoned his post and ran off to Europe with the teen.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/12/defrocked-priest-fled-to-italy-with-teen-he-was-grooming/

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Ok be honest, I'm not the only one who read the headline and first two lines and figured the teen was a boy.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 03:41:03 pm by GtHawk »

Online Kamaji

Ok be honest, I'm not the only one who read the headline and first two lines and figured the teen was a boy.

You're not.