Author Topic: Biden admin seeking billions more for housing migrant families  (Read 212 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden admin seeking billions more for housing migrant families
This request comes amid more bad news at the border for the Biden administration.

By Just the News staff
Updated: August 12, 2023 - 6:16pm

The Biden administration is seeking congressional approval, and funding, for a temporary housing program for migrant families that illegally cross the southern border. It is a plan that is intended to give them more freedom than traditional detention, according to Axios.

The administration is asking for the funds as part of a $40 billion emergency funding request to Congress. The request includes nearly $2.7 billion for the Department of Homeland Security's various border efforts.

This request comes amid more bad news at the border for the Biden administration.

Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) recorded more than 130,000 arrests along the southern border in July, compared with 99,545 in June, reported the Daily Mail citing a source close to the Border Patrol.

https://justthenews.com/government/federal-agencies/biden-admin-seeking-billions-more-housing-migrant-families
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Biden admin seeking billions more for housing migrant families
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2023, 02:11:56 pm »
For God's sake, though, don't help American citizens! 9999hair out0000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson