Author Topic: Migrant families say Rogers Park motel kicked them out after missing curfew by 7 minutes: ‘We don’t  (Read 894 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Migrant families say Rogers Park motel kicked them out after missing curfew by 7 minutes: ‘We don’t have anywhere to go’
One woman who had been asked to leave said the families had nowhere else to go, but the local alderperson said they had been offered an alternative place to stay for the night.
By  Violet Miller and Matthew Hendrickson   Aug 12, 2023, 9:58pm EDT

Alejandra Leon, along with her family and another family, at Sheridan Road and Chase Avenues Saturday evening after they were kicked out of a motel contracted by the city of Chicago to house migrants. Their offense? Missing a curfew by seven minutes.Violet Miller / Sun-Times
Two families say they were told to leave a Rogers Park motel set up by the city of Chicagoto house migrants after they missed curfew by minutes.

Saturday evening, the two families sat with their belongings at Sheridan Road and Chase Avenue as their children played with dolls and said they had nowhere else to turn.

“We don’t have anywhere to go,” Alejandra Leon told a Chicago Sun-Times reporter through a translator. “We’re going to sleep here until they help us.”

But Ald. Maria Hadden (49th) said she had been told by a city official Saturday night that both families had been offered an alternative place to stay for the night and turned it down in favor of remaining outside the motel.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2023/8/12/23830108/two-migrant-families-kicked-out-of-rogers-park-motel-after-missing-curfew
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
In the early 70s in the Philippines, they had a curfew, too.  One second late might as well have been an eternity.  You could have been shot, at least arrested.  People managed to be off the streets.  I don't see any reason the same kind of thing can't be enforced for people on the American dole.  How badly do they want to be here?  I would think badly enough to make the curfew or be deported. :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hoodat

How can one expect people who entered the country illegally to follow rules?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Oh boo hoo we got kicked out of free motel because we couldn't bother to follow the rules, oh and by the way the free food we received sucked so we went out and bought pizza for all of us(no doubt with taxpayer provided money). Here's a suggestion you freakin leaches, don't like following the rules, don't like all the free shit that taxpayers have to bust their A$$ to provide their families, show disdain for having a roof over your head while there are so many American citizens homeless, hungry and without medical care? GO the F'k Home! We have plenty of leaches of our own without importing more.

By the way who verified the story about being booted for being 7 min late? My two cents, Chicago, New York and all the other whining democrap cities should require the adults to put in a certain amount of work each month to receive all the taxpayer funded largess, think of all the trash that could be removed from the streets and parks maintained with all of that unskilled labor sitting on it's A$$ sucking the taxpayers life blood. But foremost send their ungrateful asses home.

Offline Kamaji

Oh boo hoo we got kicked out of free motel because we couldn't bother to follow the rules, oh and by the way the free food we received sucked so we went out and bought pizza for all of us(no doubt with taxpayer provided money). Here's a suggestion you freakin leaches, don't like following the rules, don't like all the free shit that taxpayers have to bust their A$$ to provide their families, show disdain for having a roof over your head while there are so many American citizens homeless, hungry and without medical care? GO the F'k Home! We have plenty of leaches of our own without importing more.

By the way who verified the story about being booted for being 7 min late? My two cents, Chicago, New York and all the other whining democrap cities should require the adults to put in a certain amount of work each month to receive all the taxpayer funded largess, think of all the trash that could be removed from the streets and parks maintained with all of that unskilled labor sitting on it's A$$ sucking the taxpayers life blood. But foremost send their ungrateful asses home.

:thumbsup:

Offline Hoodat

“We don’t have anywhere to go,” Alejandra Leon told a Chicago Sun-Times reporter through a translator.

Have you tried Venezuela?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Is it something in the air once you cross the border that turns them into entitled POS.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Offline LadyLiberty

And when you crossed the Rio Grande, didn't you come here knowing that you had no accommodations for shelter? What did you expect you were going to do with your family when you came here? SMH

Offline Hoodat

And when you crossed the Rio Grande, didn't you come here knowing that you had no accommodations for shelter? What did you expect you were going to do with your family when you came here? SMH

They expected to get free shit from the US government.  That is why they came.  Stop giving out free shit, and these people will stop coming.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

They expected to get free shit from the US government.  That is why they came.  Stop giving out free shit, and these people will stop coming.

:thumbsup:

Offline LadyLiberty

Stop anchor babies, too. Minors should have the same legal status as the parent(s).

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Hoodat writes:
"They expected to get free shit from the US government.  That is why they came.  Stop giving out free shit, and these people will stop coming"

This is one of the "great misbeliefs" of the right.

I daresay that many -- if not most -- of the invaders are coming from conditions in their native countries that range from lousy to worse than abominable. Have you ever seen pictures of some of those slums, the favillas?

Even without "the benefits", they are in much better shape HERE than they would be "at home".
Take away "the benefits", and I'll wager that 80-85% of them still aren't leaving. Maybe 90%.

It's going to take force to get them to leave.
And by "force", I mean at the point of a gun.

Look at the picture below.
Many of you will know what it is.
This is the ONLY way you're going to get the invaders out.
Otherwise, this land is now THEIR land.
Better get used to that.

Offline Hoodat

Even without "the benefits", they are in much better shape HERE than they would be "at home".
Take away "the benefits", and I'll wager that 80-85% of them still aren't leaving. Maybe 90%.

I have no problem with them being here.  I have a huge problem with paying for them to be here.  If they want to stay here with zero government assistance, then blessings to them.  Can't get more Conservative than that.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Hoodat wrote:
"I have no problem with them being here."

Kinda like this, eh?

Would you "have no problem" with 10 million more coming?
Would you "have no problem" with 25 million more coming?
Would you still "have no problem" with 50 million more coming?

Because, they ARE going to be coming.

What would it take for you to "have a problem" with the illegal invasion?

Offline Hoodat

Illegal?  Yes, I have a problem with that.  Immigration of Conservatives who bring with them the American Dream and who come here with no desire or expectation of government assistance?  We need as many of those as we can get.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

Illegal?  Yes, I have a problem with that.  Immigration of Conservatives who bring with them the American Dream and who come here with no desire or expectation of government assistance?  We need as many of those as we can get.

ILLEGAL is ILLEGAL - conservative values or not.  Though something tells me that if they were truly conservative they wouldn't be entering illegally to begin with.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Hoodat writes:
"They expected to get free shit from the US government.  That is why they came.  Stop giving out free shit, and these people will stop coming"

This is one of the "great misbeliefs" of the right.

I daresay that many -- if not most -- of the invaders are coming from conditions in their native countries that range from lousy to worse than abominable. Have you ever seen pictures of some of those slums, the favillas?

Look at the picture below.
Many of you will know what it is.
This is the ONLY way you're going to get the invaders out.
Otherwise, this land is now THEIR land.
Better get used to that.

No reason to have to point a gun at them if they aren't allowed to enter ILLEGALLY in the first place.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: