Author Topic: ICE’s Mission Creeps in the Wrong Direction  (Read 170 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
ICE’s Mission Creeps in the Wrong Direction
« on: August 13, 2023, 01:57:10 pm »
ICE’s Mission Creeps in the Wrong Direction
August 09, 2023

The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement website declares that ICE employees “work hard to protect our country from terrorists, drug traffickers, criminals and other people who try to enter our country illegally. They enforce the laws that keep American citizens safe.”

But in reality detention and deportation numbers have stalled amid unprecedented waves of illegal entries into this country. According to one recent report, ICE lawyers exercising “prosecutorial discretion” tanked 92,000 cases involving removable aliens, costing the government untold millions of dollars. In a stunning admission earlier this year, ICE announced it had lost track of 377,980 illegal aliens enrolled in its costly “Alternatives to Detention” (ATD) program.

Effectively stripping “enforcement” from ICE’s title, the Biden administration is spending millions of agency dollars on private contracts to expand social service programs for illegal aliens. Some of these contracts even prohibit electronic tracking of participants.

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2023/08/09/ices-mission-creeps-wrong-direction
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson