Author Topic: Electronic Voting Equipment; What you need to know  (Read 1334 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Electronic Voting Equipment; What you need to know
« on: August 13, 2023, 01:40:35 pm »
Electronic Voting Equipment; what you need to know.

Despite what you may have heard, there is no such thing as secure electronic voting equipment and there is no way it can be made so.

Your local elections authority does not need to physically connect anything to the internet. That ability is now mostly built into the machines and they often don't use protocols we are familiar with to communicate with their controllers.

ALL of them, of necessity, have back door access that can be exploited by people who are not necessarily playing for the home team.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Electronic Voting Equipment; What you need to know
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2023, 01:57:23 pm »
Is that for both voting machines and vote tabulators?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 02:01:22 pm »
Is that for both voting machines and vote tabulators?

Absolutely! If they are electronic.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2023, 11:04:01 am »
Electronic vote tabulators have the paper ballot as back-up...ask for a manual/hand re-count if in doubt.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2023, 05:31:17 pm »
Electronic vote tabulators have the paper ballot as back-up...ask for a manual/hand re-count if in doubt.
Also if possible review the paper ballot before approving your vote.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2023, 05:34:04 pm »
Don't forget about the electronic poll books. The also have backdoors and can be messed with.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2023, 05:11:07 am »
Also if possible review the paper ballot before approving your vote.

We have the "Scantron" type fill in the bubble/circle with black ink type paper ballots that get read later by a "tabulator"/scanner...are you referring to those or to a touchscreen type voting machine that spits out a paper voting receipt (not good). I like the "original paper ballot" system...can be re-counted by hand if needed (no electronic tabulator).

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2023, 06:33:24 am »
We have the "Scantron" type fill in the bubble/circle with black ink type paper ballots that get read later by a "tabulator"/scanner...are you referring to those or to a touchscreen type voting machine that spits out a paper voting receipt (not good). I like the "original paper ballot" system...can be re-counted by hand if needed (no electronic tabulator).
The system here was the Hart Verity 3.1 scan, it sounds very much the same as the system you describe.

Online Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2023, 10:28:03 am »
Yeah, same principal different brand here...the weak link is the electronic paper ballot scanner/"tabulator". But at least candidates can request a paper ballot audit/re-count if they suspect foul play. Not sure many would do that tho...most trust the "tabulator" to count correctly. I wonder if poll watchers get access to "tabulator tests" before the election? Feed in 100 paper ink marked ballots for fake "candidate A" and another 100 for fake "candidate B" and check tabulator results.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2023, 01:11:48 pm »
The system here was the Hart Verity 3.1 scan, it sounds very much the same as the system you describe.

Did you know that Hart Systems hardware routes vote totals through Spain on their way to your state capitol? I didn't either until several experts pointed it out to me last Saturday.

Konnech's servers are in Wuhan China.

Not Secure!

https://handcountroadshow.org/events/brazos-county-tx/
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 02:24:04 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2023, 01:15:36 pm »
Yeah, same principal different brand here...the weak link is the electronic paper ballot scanner/"tabulator". But at least candidates can request a paper ballot audit/re-count if they suspect foul play. Not sure many would do that tho...most trust the "tabulator" to count correctly. I wonder if poll watchers get access to "tabulator tests" before the election? Feed in 100 paper ink marked ballots for fake "candidate A" and another 100 for fake "candidate B" and check tabulator results.

It's easy to overcome such testing. Just program the tabulator so that nothing happens inside until the total hits a number that exceeds the size of any test runs.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2023, 04:58:25 pm »
Did you know that Hart Systems hardware routes vote totals through Spain on their way to your state capitol? I didn't either until several experts pointed it out to me last Saturday.

Konnech's servers are in Wuhan China.

Not Secure!

https://handcountroadshow.org/events/brazos-county-tx/

That sucks! Thanks for taking away even that really really small feeling of trust. I really would prefer to go back to the old punched paper ballots that worked well for so long, still gameable but much more secure than our current 'modern electronic' methods.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2023, 05:07:03 pm »
That sucks! Thanks for taking away even that really really small feeling of trust. I really would prefer to go back to the old punched paper ballots that worked well for so long, still gameable but much more secure than our current 'modern electronic' methods.

:thumbsup: