Author Topic: NYC to build migrant TENT CITY near Riker’s Island to accomodate 2,000 illegals  (Read 323 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYC to build migrant TENT CITY near Riker’s Island to accomodate 2,000 illegals
08/11/2023 // Ethan Huff // 2.3K Views

In a desperate attempt to keep all the illegal migrants invading New York City far away from rich and powerful Manhattanites, Mayor Eric Adams is setting up a migrant tent city on Randall's Island near Riker's Island that reports indicate will be able to house 2,000 illegals.
The move came a week after a proposal emerged to house migrants right smack dab in Central Park, which wealthy, far-left New York said no way to, which then prompted Adams to propose sending them off to a nearby island in the middle of Manhattan's East River.

"As the number of asylum seekers in our care continues to grow by hundreds every day, stretching our system to its breaking point and beyond, it has become more and more of a Herculean effort to find enough beds every night," Adams complained about the invasion.

Keep in mind that Adams was previously a loud and proud supporter of illegal immigration, echoing common far-left tropes about how "no human is illegal" and the virtue signaling "we welcome our foreign neighbors" yard signs seen all throughout America's posh neighborhoods.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2023-08-11-nyc-tent-city-rikers-island-2000-illegals.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Randall’s island is near Rikers island only as a crow flies.  The two are separated by quite a bit of water. 

Online mountaineer

Curiously,  none of the illegal immigrants says enough of this living like an animal, just send me back to _______ (Honduras, Yemen, Congo, wherever).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org