Author Topic: No, new Illinois law will not let people in US illegally become cops, deputies  (Read 975 times)

Online libertybele

No, new Illinois law will not let people in US illegally become cops, deputies

The claim: Illinois law allows immigrants living in US illegally to become cops

An Aug. 1 Facebook post (direct link, archive link) shows a screenshot of a post on X, formerly Twitter, with a photo of Illinois' governor holding a pen.

“Just in: Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker has signed a law that will allow illegal immigrants to become police officers and sheriff’s deputies,” reads text in the screenshot. "In Illinois American citizens will be arrested by illegals."

It was shared more than 200 times in 10 days.

.............The legislation Pritzker signed into law July 28 will allow municipalities and sheriffs to hire some noncitizens as police officers or sheriff's deputies. It takes effect Jan. 1 and is similar to a California law signed in 2022 that also has been the subject of false claims.

The language of the 15-page Illinois law makes clear applicants must meet several criteria: They must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., and they must be allowed under federal law to obtain, carry or possess a gun.

People living in the country illegally may not legally obtain firearms, a federal appeals court ruled in 2012, and both experts and lawmakers say that makes them ineligible for law enforcement positions.

“Anyone who is saying that an illegal alien can become a police officer or sheriff’s deputy is either, one, misinformed, or two, giving you a baldfaced lie,” said state Rep. John Cabello, a Republican co-sponsor of the law and a Rockford police officer...................

https://www.yahoo.com/news/no-illinois-law-not-let-195151336.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online LMAO

The scourge of social media
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

DACA, baby DACA.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

They are still ILLEGALS and have no right to police or sheriff LEGAL citizens!  Regardless of what the rules of IL say, they are going against Federal Laws. The Constitution applies to citizens of this country; otherwise ILLEGALS have no rights!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.