Author Topic: U.S. Energy Industry Warns Biden EPA’s Proposed Carbon Emissions Rules are ‘Unworkable’  (Read 522 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal Insurrection by Leslie Eastman Saturday, August 12, 2023

The agency overestimates the reliability of wind and solar and there is not enough reliable power plant capacity on the grid to keep the lights on.

A few months ago, Biden’s Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) announced economy-crushing, liberty-limiting, rules that would theoretically eliminate carbon dioxide emissions from the nation’s electricity sector by 2040.

U.S. power plant owners warned these plans are unworkable, relying too heavily on costly technologies that are not yet proven at scale.

Top utility trade group the Edison Electric Institute (EEI) asked the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for revisions of the proposed power plant standards, which hinge on the widespread commercial availability of carbon capture and storage (CCS) and low-emissions green hydrogen, adding the agency’s vision was “not legally or technically sound.”

“Electric companies are not confident that the new technologies EPA has designated to serve as the basis for proposed standards for new and existing fossil-based generation will satisfy performance and cost requirements on the timelines that EPA projects,” EEI said in a public comment released on Tuesday on the agency’s deadline for feedback.

Resistance from the EEI and other energy-related groups poses a potentially big challenge to the administration’s climate agenda.

EEI isn’t the only group that has crunched the numbers during the comments phase of the rule-making process. The Center of the American Experiment was hired by the State of North Dakota to model the EPA proposal to determine whether it could supply reliable electricity to the 15 states on the MISO (Midcontinent Independent System Operator) grid.

The organization concluded the EPA’s rules would “destroy the grid.”

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/08/u-s-energy-industry-warns-biden-epas-proposed-carbon-emissions-rules-are-unworkable/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
From a friend who resides in Nebraska.  He is a retired aerospace engineer.  A literal rocket scientist if you will.   Worked on MX (Peacekeeper) Space Shuttle, Hubble, Brilliant Pebbles, PACOSS, Space Station, MMU, B2, the Sultan of Brunei's half billion dollar private 747 with crystal showers, gold sinks and 100 dollar a yard coiffed silk carpets.  Designed a satphone installation on prince Jeffry's 757.  Did all of the design work for the structure of Mark 1V propulsion module currently flying on at least 3 spacecraft.  He is also an FAA certified glider pilot, FAI certified gold glider pilot, and  Microsoft certified/ComTIA A+ certified. He writes:

"Solar panels are at best about 20% efficient. They convert 0% of the UV light that hits them.  None of the visible spectrum and only some of the IR spectrum.  At the same time as they are absorbing light they are absorbing heat from the sun.  This absorbed heat is radiated into the adjacent atmosphere. It should be obvious what happens next.  When air is warmed it rises.  Even small differences in ordinary land surfaces are capable of creating powerful forces of weather like thunderstorms and tornadoes.  These weather phenomena are initiated and reinforced by land features as they are blown downwind. 

It is all too obvious to me what will happen with the heat generated by an entire solar farm. Solar farms will become thunderstorms and tornado incubators and magnets. 

Solar panels are dark, and they emit energy to the space above them when they are not being radiated.  This is known as black-body radiation.  Satellites flying in space use this phenomenon to cool internal components.  If they didn't do this, they would fry themselves.

So solar farms not only produce more heat in summer than the original land that they were installed on, but they also produce more cooling in winter, thus exacerbating weather extremes.

So, I conclude with this.  There is nothing green about green energy except the dirty money flowing into corrupt pockets.

There is no such thing as green energy. The science doesn't exist.  The technology doesn't exist.  The engineering doesn't exist.  We are being pushed to save the planet with solutions that are worse than the problems.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 04:35:34 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The Greens want to destroy existing energy infrastructure to replace it with more expensive, less reliable, Chi-com made solar panels, wind turbines, and inverters.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.