Author Topic: Video: DeSantis Goes On Stage in Iowa, and People Start Banging Cowbells Shortly After He Suffers H  (Read 10001 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

So you were in league with the bell whistlers and cowbell bangers. Got it.

You "got" nothing @jmyrlefuller  Absolutely nothing.   **nononono*

« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 01:51:45 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Hoodat

Bottom line for me is Trump has gone after both DeSantis and Reynolds who are both conservatives.  Trump going after conservatives is troubling

His most ardent supporters here have been quite vocal with their contempt of and derision toward Conservatives.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

The goal has already been made clear: to constantly trash and humiliate him until he drops out before the primary begins. So far Ron hasn't taken the bait.

Trump wants a coronation. Ironically he is trying to rig the primaries while complaining that the 2020 election conducted under his watch was rigged, but in a way that it was still legitimate but he actually won.

A lesser man would've been socked in the face for the kind of things he's done. But the Secret Service won't allow that.

You're probably right in all that... but this is his typical modus operandi. It's how he does. It's his nature; his character.

Offline roamer_1

I didn't post the thread with the facts @roamer_1 the owner did.  Can you hear her?

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,509121.0.html

Wasn't talking about the OP, or even this thread necessarily.

Wasn't talking about the OP, or even this thread necessarily.

I am.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
So you were in league with the bell whistlers and cowbell bangers. Got it.

It won't be long until you have to admit the quiet part out loud.

The pro-Trump blogs think it is awesome:

The optics were so bad, Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds, a DeSantis supporter and campaign advocate, had to beg people in attendance to stop yelling at the sensitive guy from Florida, and be “Iowa nice.”  However, while the GOP may define “Iowa nice” as the powdered wig sensibility of country club republicanism and given the nature of our national crisis driven by the ‘reach-across-the aisle’ mannerism it represents, the attending audiences were a little more deliberate in disregarding the instructions.

Yes, this is a new era of MAGA republicanism, where the base voter understands the stakes and fights like the third monkey on the ramp to Noah’s ark.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2023/08/12/ron-desantis-heckled-so-much-at-iowa-fair-gov-kim-reynolds-had-to-ask-people-to-be-nice-to-him/

They think it's great, regardless of how much was from MAGA, and how much from the left.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 02:20:25 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LMAO

They think it's great, regardless of how much was from MAGA, and how much from the left.

Because both MAGA and the left want to use the power of government.  What they both desire is to wield the power of government against their enemies.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 02:34:40 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DB

The pro-Trump blogs think it is awesome:

It is "so great" that you can't even tell the difference between MAGA and leftist... Cowards.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
It is "so great" that you can't even tell the difference between MAGA and leftist... Cowards.

I could accept the incivility much better than the sheer stupidity.

Any Republican - Trump included - will need every damn vote they can get in 2024.  But Trump and MAGA literally don't seem to care how many general election votes they lose with these antics.   They honestly seem to value emotional catharsis more than they do maximizing the chances of winning the actual election.

It's like mindless mob stupidity.  They've romanticized the idea that this is really some kind of a "revolution", not an election.  So somehow, the stuff about maximizing votes doesn't matter as long as they have the passion and dedication.

But they're wrong, and refuse to see it.  Almost a mass delusion that mixes up the reality they'd want to exist with the one that actually does, which I imagine is exactly how a lot of those January 6 people felt at the time. Like they were on the cusp of a great victory of some kind, completely oblivious to the fact that they never stood a chance.

We're still at a point in our history when election really matter, which means that every last vote matters as well.  But if Trump and MAGA are too blind to see that, I'll be damned if I'm going to follow them off that cliff of their own making.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 03:56:01 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

The goal has already been made clear: to constantly trash and humiliate him

@jmyrlefuller   It isn't necessary to humiliate DeSantis when he's proficient at doing it all by himself.

Because both MAGA and the left want to use the power of government.  What they both desire is to wield the power of government against their enemies.

What an odd thing to say about MAGA when you're the one supporting DeSantis and his promise:  "We're going to have all these deep state people... we're going to start slitting throats on Day One."

Offline Hoodat

What an odd thing to say about MAGA when you're the one supporting DeSantis and his promise:  "We're going to have all these deep state people... we're going to start slitting throats on Day One."

There seems to be a gargantuan divide between the concept of 'MAGA' and what Trump actually does.  Getting rid of the deep state is one of them.  After four years of Trump, the Deep State was never stronger.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

The goal has already been made clear: to constantly trash and humiliate him until he drops out before the primary begins. So far Ron hasn't taken the bait.

Trump wants a coronation. Ironically he is trying to rig the primaries while complaining that the 2020 election conducted under his watch was rigged, but in a way that it was still legitimate but he actually won.

A lesser man would've been socked in the face for the kind of things he's done. But the Secret Service won't allow that.

:thumbsup:

But Trump and MAGA literally don't seem to care how many general election votes they lose with these antics.   They honestly seem to value emotional catharsis more than they do maximizing the chances of winning the actual election.

Ah, you might want to tone down the preaching, Sparky. ----

DeSantis PAC Chair: MAGA Are ‘Degenerates’, ‘ I Wouldn’t Piss On Trump If He Was on Fire’.
National Pulse, Aug 13, 2023

One of the Iowa county chairmen announced by Ron DeSantis’s Super PAC this week has declared that Trump supporters are “degenerates” and that he “wouldn’t piss on Donald Trump if he was on fire!”

Matt Wells, who boasts of having spent “the whole day” with Governor DeSantis in Iowa, was even more explicit about his disdain for the 45th President and his supporters, in yet another embarrassing saga for the botched DeSantis campaign:

“He could be burning to death, I would find a bathroom five miles away,” seethed Wells, a supposedly committed Christian who chairs the Never Back Down PAC in Washington County, in comments to the far left Huffington Post.

Wells had been infuriated after an airplane carrying a banner reading ‘Be Likable, Ron!’ had passed over an event where the Floridian was speaking. “Trump people are degenerates,” he told POLITICO.

Figures like Wells seem unlikely picks to be able to win over MAGA conservatives that DeSantis has been courting.

Wells was a fierce Never Trumper in 2016, leaving the GOP altogether after the election and vowing he would never support Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds in 2017 – although he is now once again a GOP official, and white-knighting for Reynolds on social media due to her perceived alignment with DeSantis.

https://thenationalpulse.com/2023/08/13/desantis-pac-chair-maga-are-degenerates-i-wouldnt-piss-on-trump-if-he-was-on-fire/

Online mountaineer

DeSantis is acting like the adult, unlike the supposed frontrunner. Not sure how that equates to humiliating himself.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
@jmyrlefuller   It isn't necessary to humiliate DeSantis when he's proficient at doing it all by himself.
Is that why you have to constantly tell people "DeSantis is humiliating himself!" ? Because the only people that seem to think that's true are the left (who hate anyone right of Bill Kristol) and your guys.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Kamaji

DeSantis is acting like the adult, unlike the supposed frontrunner. Not sure how that equates to humiliating himself.

:thumbsup:

An adult would have developed a plan to handle what he knew he was walking into other than the one where he sits there like a ten year old while his caretaker handles his bullies.  The humiliation is the weakness and disengagement he drew attention to ---  not to mention the no confidence vote of his handlers.

Is that why you have to constantly tell people "DeSantis is humiliating himself!" ? Because the only people that seem to think that's true are the left (who hate anyone right of Bill Kristol) and your guys.

I see you've left Ronny's handlers and mega donors off your list -------  It's possible by the time this ends Ronny's team could include as many caretakers as Biden's.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 12:05:18 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I see you've left Ronny's handlers and mega donors off your list -------  It's possible by the time this ends Ronny's team could include as many caretakers as Biden's.
???

Only in Trumpland can anyone equate Biden and DeSantis with a straight face. Do you seriously even read your own writing? That was barely even coherent.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Kamaji

???

Only in Trumpland can anyone equate Biden and DeSantis with a straight face. Do you seriously even read your own writing? That was barely even coherent.

:silly:

Offline Idiot

Let's talk about your candidate sweetheart.  happy77

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

Offline Hoodat

???

If coherence mattered, their posts would cease.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

An adult would have developed a plan to handle what he knew he was walking into

What part of 'Swamp' do you not understand?  Trump walked into that and became their best friend.  More new debt in one term than any other President in US history.  And that's the "adult" you support?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-