Author Topic: Video: DeSantis Goes On Stage in Iowa, and People Start Banging Cowbells Shortly After He Suffers H  (Read 10004 times)

Online roamer_1

Whether diehard DeSantards or not, the bottom line is that these are people who don't seem to grasp what a contest is.

False. The contest is to be about ideas. The contest is to convince the public which man is best equipped to lead this country forward.

Sh*t throwing is not profitable, nor fair play. On a battlefield of ideas, Tumpy would shrink into non-existence.

Offline LMAO

Couldn't the people decide?

If Trump wins fair and square so be it. But why would DeSantis just lay down and quit like that? Doesn't sound like something a leader would do to me.

The only election that’s fair to Trump and his supporters is one that goes their way

Trump has a history of this

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/trump-longstanding-history-calling-elections-rigged-doesnt-results/story?id=74126926
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Idiot

False. The contest is to be about ideas. The contest is to convince the public which man is best equipped to lead this country forward.

Sh*t throwing is not profitable, nor fair play. On a battlefield of ideas, Trump would shrink into non-existence.
:amen:

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
All the sites this "American Girl" sends us to has one thing in common, usually some "Free Trump Gear" promotional ad site that sends you China Trump Junk for "shipping and handling" costs of around $10.00 and a privacy policy that they will send you Trump News and spam at any rate they want to send.

Odds are this ain't even a "girl".... and probable not even American. I don't doubt the "author" is the same person with different pen names.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 10:35:27 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
:facepalm2:

Trump was a disaster, and will be an epic disaster in the future.

They all are.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

All the sites this "American Girl" sends us to has one thing in common, usually some "Free Trump Gear" promotional ad site that sends you China Trump Junk for "shipping and handling" costs of around $10.00 and a privacy policy that they will send you Trump News and spam at any rate they want to send.

Odds are this ain't even a "girl".... and probable not even American. I don't doubt the "author" is the same person with different pen names.

Noted.  Thanks for the info.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
The leader is a boorish troll, so no surprise his followers are also boorish trolls.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Whether diehard DeSantards or not, the bottom line is that these are people who don't seem to grasp what a contest is.

If the contest is to act like ANTIFA, well you WIN! Too bad he didn't show these kinds of cajones against his real enemies the woke Rats (or are they).

Instead, sTrumpets are down to - 'Yeah we're loud, and we're gonna shout you and any other Republican down and shut you up!' (Mitch McConnell approves) - as Trump whines about the FedGov trying to shut him up by putting him in prison.

Mafia Don and his lackeys are apparently just a bunch of thugs now.
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

Instead, sTrumpets are down to - 'Yeah we're loud, and we're gonna shout you and any other Republican down and shut you up!' (Mitch McConnell approves) - as Trump whines about the FedGov rying to shut him up by putting him in prison.

Just exactly like liberals.

Offline Kamaji

"The nomination is mine, mine, mine!  Give it to me!  I deserve it!"

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
If the contest is to act like ANTIFA, well you WIN! Too bad he didn't show these kinds of cajones against his real enemies the woke Rats (or are they).

Instead, sTrumpets are down to - 'Yeah we're loud, and we're gonna shout you and any other Republican down and shut you up!' (Mitch McConnell approves) - as Trump whines about the FedGov trying to shut him up by putting him in prison.

I've been arguing with Democrats I know about why what is being done to Trump is wrong, and dangerous.  But I think he and his ilk supporters are getting to the point where I don't have any more interest in defending either him or them any further.  Because I'm quite sure they wouldn't utter a peep in defense of anyone that wasn't MAGA.

As long as they hang separately first, I'm kind of fine with it.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 03:27:28 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online DB

I've been arguing with Democrats I know about why what is being done to Trump is wrong, and dangerous.  But I think he and his ilk supporters are getting to the point where I don't have any more interest in defending either him or them any further.  Because I'm quite sure they wouldn't lift utter a peep in defense of anyone that wasn't MAGA.

What has he done for all the J6 people that were locked up without trial for a year and then sentenced to extreme times in prison? And how about all the others that defended him and were dragged through court with bogus charges? Did he help or organize any help for them?

Zip.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 01:52:50 am by DB »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
But I think he and his ilk supporters are getting to the point where I don't have any more interest in defending either him or them any further.  Because I'm quite sure they wouldn't lift utter a peep in defense of anyone that wasn't MAGA.

Yep, the last of the damns have been given. He will get no more votes from me.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 01:19:48 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

I've been arguing with Democrats I know about why what is being done to Trump is wrong, and dangerous.  But I think he and his ilk supporters are getting to the point where I don't have any more interest in defending either him or them any further.  Because I'm quite sure they wouldn't lift utter a peep in defense of anyone that wasn't MAGA.

Getting to that point as well.

Offline LMAO

Do we know for sure whether or not  it was Trump supporters who did this?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Do we know for sure whether or not  it was Trump supporters who did this?

Seems so. 

https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1690403494833057792?s=20 .
And I notice the resident Trumpers don't seem to have a problem with this kind of behavior either.  It's not like they're trying to argue that these are fake Trump supporters.   They just think it's an acceptable part of political discourse with which DeSantis should have to deal.

What they're really doing is outing themselves as the same type of folks who shout down conservative speakers on college campuses so that opposing views can't be heard.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 02:47:22 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online corbe

It's only gonna get worst as the crazy season ticks on.  Remember when Trump was giving shoutouts at his Rallys about 'paying your legal fees' if you were arrested for battery in 16?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LX4Q643aEU

I have no problem with punching people who try to disrupt others' who are engaging in free speech.   But a lot of Trumpers apparently believe that only goes one way

Online corbe

It'd be better if I could separate the Rallys from the Circus.

10 Circus Freaks That Actually Existed!

https://youtu.be/lMaB74h-CSQ

Offline Hoodat

Had he been smart and just backed Trump and waited until 28, he’d been a star

And have America suffer another four years without a Conservative in the White House?  No thanks.  Wonder how much debt Trump will run up in another four years.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

And have America suffer another four years without a Conservative in the White House?  No thanks.  Wonder how much debt Trump will run up in another four years.

Unfortunately, it would take more than a president with an angry VETO pen to get us back on some kind of sound fiscal footing

What we would need is a fiscally conservative president winning along with a 1994 style congressional election

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

What has he done for all the J6 people that were locked up without trial for a year and then sentenced to extreme times in prison? And how about all the others that defended him and were dragged through court with bogus charges? Did he help or organize any help for them?

Zip.

Excellent point.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The leader is a boorish troll, so no surprise his followers are also boorish trolls.

So, who are the boorish trolls you're referring to ... @massadvj

Before he ever took the stage, though, a banner with a sarcastic message (“Be likeable, Ron!”) circled overhead, a shot at his alleged coldness.

Then a group of pro-abortion protesters began blowing ear-piercing whistles and banging cowbells, causing a skirmish in the crowd and forcing Reynolds to pause the event and ask them to play nice.

Minutes after the protesters were dragged out by state troopers, DeSantis’ audio cut out.

https://www.deseret.com/2023/8/12/23828975/iowa-state-fair-desantis

Thread here: https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,509121.0.html

Online libertybele

Unfortunately, it would take more than a president with an angry VETO pen to get us back on some kind of sound fiscal footing

What we would need is a fiscally conservative president winning along with a 1994 style congressional election

We simply need a Conservative Congress to come up with a workable budget and rein in unnecessary spending.  We don't have a fiscally Conservative Congress. Congress holds the purse strings.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.