Author Topic: NYC Council Dems’ bill would force landlords to promote incumbents or face hefty fines  (Read 204 times)

Offline Kamaji

NYC Council Dems’ bill would force landlords to promote incumbents or face hefty fines

By Rich Calder and
Matthew Sedacca   
August 12, 2023

Far-left members of the City Council want to make Big Apple landlords do their work for them — or face five-figure fines.

A new bill would require property owners to provide tenants with contact information for all elected officials representing their respective neighborhoods.

Under the bill, introduced last week by Brooklyn Councilwoman Jennifer Gutiérrez, landlords would be required to supply new and existing tenants with hard-copy notices listing the names, office addresses and phone contacts for all federal, state and city pols representing their neighborhoods.

All of the information is already accessible through the Board of Elections, other government agencies and a simple Internet search.

“The idea is really to empower tenants to know how they can access information,” Gutiérrez told The Post. “I think a lot of folks maybe are interpreting this as like we are pushing tenants to file complaints [against landlords], and that is not the case. This is really about ensuring every tenant has access to resources that they should have.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/12/nyc-council-dems-bill-would-force-landlords-to-promote-incumbents/

Online DefiantMassRINO

How about building more housing to reduce housing costs of those very people?

Rather than solving issues that face its citizens, the members of NYC Council are focused on self-promotion.

////00000////

What's the practical point of giving people contact information for Government officials who will do nothing to help them?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.