Author Topic: Biden’s Border Crisis Is Helping Fuel A Surge In Mexico’s Economy, New Data Shows  (Read 173 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden’s Border Crisis Is Helping Fuel A Surge In Mexico’s Economy, New Data Shows
MEXICO-US-MIGRATION-BORDER
GUILLERMO ARIAS/AFP via Getty Images

August 11, 2023
4:47 PM ET

The border crisis under President Joe Biden has fueled Mexico’s economy through an increase in Mexican migrants in the U.S. sending money back home, according to multiple reports.

Remittances, the money sent by Mexicans working abroad sent back home, increased from $33.5 billion in 2018 to $60 billion in 2023 after a record number of migrants crossed the southern border, according to The Associated Press. From 2018 to 2022, Mexico’s poverty rate declined from 49.9% of the population to 43.5%, declining by 5.7 million, according to a study conducted by Coneval, an autonomous organization coordinated by the Secretariat of Welfare in Mexico.  (RELATED: Former Border Chief Says ‘Chainsaw Devices’ On Abbott’s River Buoys Prevent Climbing, Are Not Dangerous)

In fiscal year 2022, the southern border recorded more than 2.2 million individual encounters, up from around 400,651 encounters recorded in fiscal year 2020, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection data. At the current rate of crossings, 9.7 million migrants will have crossed into the U.S. during Biden’s time in office, allowing more migrants to send remittances back to Mexico.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/08/11/bidens-border-crisis-helping-fuel-surge-mexicos-economy-new-data-shows/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson