Author Topic: 'Blood on his hands': Abbott under fire for busing migrants to Chicago after 3-year-old dies  (Read 317 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
'Blood on his hands': Abbott under fire for busing migrants to Chicago after 3-year-old dies

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott faced fresh criticism on Friday after officials confirmed a young child died during a bus trip from the border city of Brownsville to Chicago, Illinois—part of the Republican's monthslong stunt of transporting migrants to communities with Democratic leaders.

"The Illinois Department of Public Health said the child was 3 years old and died Thursday in Marion County, in the southern part of that state," according toThe Associated Press.

Citing Congressman Joaquin Castro (D-Texas), whose office was brief on the death, The New York Timesreported that "the child's parents were also on the bus when the child began showing symptoms of an illness, including a fever and diarrhea, before losing consciousness."

The Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM) said in a statement that "once the child presented with health concerns, the bus pulled over and security personnel on board called 911 for emergency attention. After the ambulance arrived, bilingual security personnel translated for the parents and the paramedics who were providing care for the child."

"The child was then taken to a local hospital to receive additional medical attention and was later pronounced deceased," TDEM continued. The division noted that prior to boarding a bus "stocked with food and water," passengers "signed a voluntary consent waiver" to travel to Chicago and were screened for medical concerns.

https://www.rawstory.com/blood-on-his-hands-abbott-under-fire-for-busing-migrants-to-chicago-after-3-year-old-dies/
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 02:27:26 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

'Blood on his hands': Abbott under fire for busing migrants to Chicago after 3-year-old dies

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott faced fresh criticism on Friday after officials confirmed a young child died during a bus trip from the border city of Brownsville to Chicago, Illinois—part of the Republican's monthslong stunt of transporting migrants to communities with Democratic leaders.

"The Illinois Department of Public Health said the child was 3 years old and died Thursday in Marion County, in the southern part of that state," according toThe Associated Press.

Citing Congressman Joaquin Castro (D-Texas), whose office was brief on the death, The New York Timesreported that "the child's parents were also on the bus when the child began showing symptoms of an illness, including a fever and diarrhea, before losing consciousness."

The Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM) said in a statement that "once the child presented with health concerns, the bus pulled over and security personnel on board called 911 for emergency attention. After the ambulance arrived, bilingual security personnel translated for the parents and the paramedics who were providing care for the child."

"The child was then taken to a local hospital to receive additional medical attention and was later pronounced deceased," TDEM continued. The division noted that prior to boarding a bus "stocked with food and water," passengers "signed a voluntary consent waiver" to travel to Chicago and were screened for medical concerns.

#1 The parents and child are ILLEGALS.  They shouldn't be in the country anyways and perhaps whatever journey they had to travel to enter this country ILLEGALLY is truly what eventually killed the child.

It is horrible that a child died, but I can't blame Abbott for the death.  It is the circumstances of the decisions that the parents made for the child.  They need to accept responsibility.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I guess there weren't any signs of illness prior to her death, and she got on the bus, so the parents can't be blamed for neglecting her needs. :whistle:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 02:33:34 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

The parents neglected this child's health and are responsible for the death, not the governor of the state they illegally invaded.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The child's death is tragic.

The blame does not lay with Governor Abbott.  He is doing everything in his power to serve and protect the citizens of Texas and watch out for the welfare of migrants.

The blame lay with the Biden administration.  Border Control and Foreign Policy are Federal responsibilities.  The Federal Government has been derelict from these responsibilities.

Biden's Border czarina, Kamala Harris, has been an absent, abject failure.

The Limousine LIberals care more about the fraudulent Global Climate Change crisis than the real-world problems of human beings.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.