Author Topic: Massachusetts gov. declares state of emergency amid influx of migrants  (Read 274 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Massachusetts gov. declares state of emergency amid influx of migrants

There are more than 20,000 people — many of whom are migrants — currently living in state shelters, including infants, young kids and pregnant women.

By: AP via Scripps NewsPosted at 7:23 AM, Aug 09, 2023 and last updated 7:23 AM, Aug 09, 2023
Massachusetts Gov. Maura Healey declared a state of emergency Tuesday, citing an influx of migrants seeking shelter at a time when the cost of housing — already in short supply — continues to rise.

There are nearly 5,600 families or more than 20,000 people — many of whom are migrants — currently living in state shelters, including infants, young children and pregnant women. That is up from around 3,100 families a year ago, about an 80% increase, Healey said.

Many of the migrants are arriving by plane from other states. In the past 48 hours alone, she said, 50 migrant families have landed in the state in need of shelter.

https://www.lex18.com/massachusetts-gov-declares-state-of-emergency-amid-influx-of-migrants
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Massachusetts gov. declares state of emergency amid influx of migrants
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2023, 02:16:32 pm »
Another liberal enclave with an alligator mouth and a hummingbird *sshole!! :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2023, 02:21:43 pm »

Massachusetts gov. declares state of emergency amid influx of migrants

There are more than 20,000 people — many of whom are migrants — currently living in state shelters, including infants, young kids and pregnant women.

By: AP via Scripps NewsPosted at 7:23 AM, Aug 09, 2023 and last updated 7:23 AM, Aug 09, 2023
Massachusetts Gov. Maura Healey declared a state of emergency Tuesday, citing an influx of migrants seeking shelter at a time when the cost of housing — already in short supply — continues to rise.

There are nearly 5,600 families or more than 20,000 people — many of whom are migrants — currently living in state shelters, including infants, young children and pregnant women. That is up from around 3,100 families a year ago, about an 80% increase, Healey said.

Many of the migrants are arriving by plane from other states. In the past 48 hours alone, she said, 50 migrant families have landed in the state in need of shelter.

https://www.lex18.com/massachusetts-gov-declares-state-of-emergency-amid-influx-of-migrants
Come to Texas.  Crap we probably have that many in our town! 

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2023, 03:28:56 pm »
The state recently took over a local motor lodge, evicted the homeless that were being house there, and occupied it with illegal migrants.  They also have done that in other municipalities.

The homeless and their advocates aren't happy.

The towns are not happy because services required by illegal migrants are a drain on their resources.

But, Massachusetts and other Liberal Northeast Illegal Migrant Sanctuary Havens need to suffer this kind of pain to have empathy for what the Border States have endured for decades at the hands of a the Federal Government's bad policy.

Make your pain our pain ... then, maybe Dems will be forced to bend on the issue of illegal immigration.

SuperPAC's/PAC's need to start flooding the TV airwaves linking the Border Madness to the Biden Administration and the local Dem Reps and Senators, presenting the simple query "Rep/Senator XXXXX, what are you doing to resolve the Border Crisis?"
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.