Author Topic: AOC demands DOJ target Clarence Thomas over relationship with Republican megadonor  (Read 884 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 August 11, 2023 9:32pm EDT
AOC demands DOJ target Clarence Thomas over relationship with Republican megadonor
Ocasio-Cortez and four of her Democratic colleagues sent a letter to AG Merrick Garland demanding the investigation

By Brandon Gillespie | Fox News

Far-left "Squad" member Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., is demanding the Department of Justice target Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas over his relationship with a Republican megadonor and others she claims he benefited from financially.

In a Friday letter to Attorney General Merrick Garland, Ocasio-Cortez, along with four of her progressive colleagues, called for the DOJ to launch an investigation into Thomas "for consistently failing to report significant gifts he received from Harlan Crow and other billionaires for nearly two decades — in defiance of his duty under federal law."

"First, Justice Thomas has received numerous undisclosed valuable gifts from Harlan Crow over the course of at least fifteen years, despite certifying repeatedly that his financial disclosure forms are "accurate, true, and complete," in certifications "subject to civil and criminal sanctions," the letter read.

more w/letter
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-demands-doj-target-clarence-thomas-relationship-republican-megadonor
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
But not Sotomayer's college book scam of course.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

I see AOC is speaking out to make a liberal fool out of herself.  Nice.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Clarence Thomas Says ‘Unreported’ Yacht Voyage With Oil Baron Seized On By Liberal Media… Never Actually Happened

ProPublica’s latest story on Justice Clarence Thomas features “a previously unreported voyage on a yacht around the Bahamas” that the justice reportedly told a close friend never happened.

ProPublica reported that oil baron Paul “Tony” Novelly’s chauffeur in the Bahamas said his company once drove the justice to the marina where Novelly’s 26-foot luxury yacht, the Le Montrachet, often docks. Mark Paoletta, a Schaerr Jaffe law firm partner and close friend of the justice, wrote in a Friday Wall Street Journal op-ed that Thomas told him he has never even seen the boat.

“ProPublica’s claim that Justice Thomas was a passenger on any yacht owned by Tony Novelly, including the Le Montrachet, is completely false,” Paoletta told the Daily Caller News Foundation. “He has never ever laid eyes on this boat. Moreover, Justice Thomas has never been in the Bahamas with Tony Novelly.”

“He last visited the Bahamas in the 1980s, long before he went on the Supreme Court and long before he met Mr. Novelly,” he continued. “There is not a shred of truth to this story.”...

Excerpt: Rest at headline link
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Look at the choice of words - "DOJ target".  Sounds like AOC wants a politicized, weaponized DOJ to serve at the DNC's beck and call.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Look at the choice of words - "DOJ target".  Sounds like AOC wants a politicized, weaponized DOJ to serve at the DNC's beck and call.

She already has one.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

She needs to somehow be voted out of office otherwise I think she'll be running in 2028.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.