Author Topic: Mealer Claims 32K ‘Illegal Ballots’ Counted in Contested Harris County Election  (Read 551 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by  Erin Anderson August 11, 2023

Mealer, a Republican, lost her 2022 race against Democrat County Judge Hidalgo by 18,183 votes.

New documents filed by Harris County Judge candidate Alexandra Mealer claim that 32,000 “likely illegal ballots” were counted in her contested November 2022 election—more than her opponent Lina Hidalgo’s margin of victory.

Mealer, a Republican, lost her race against Democrat incumbent Hidalgo by 18,183 votes.

She filed an election contest in January, contending that Harris County Elections Administrator Clifford Tatum “committed systematic and widespread violations of Texas election law” that make the outcome of the election unknowable.

In her new filing on Thursday, Mealer’s attorneys say Harris County records indicate more than 32,000 ballots were counted in violation of Texas law:

In addition to paper supply shortages and equipment failures, election records indicate that Harris County counted more than 32,000 ballots that were likely illegal and should not have been included in total vote counts under the Texas Election Code.     

That is almost double Hidalgo’s reported 18,183 vote margin over Mealer. If the evidence shows that the number of illegal votes exceeded Hidalgo’s margin of victory, then the result of the election cannot accurately be known based on voting records and the Court should order a new election.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/local/mealer-claims-32k-illegal-ballots-counted-in-contested-2022-harris-county-election/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Mealer isn't claiming any such thing! She's just pointing out facts.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien