Author Topic: Biden’s Decision To Station U.S. Marines On Commercial Ships In Persian Gulf Is Bizarre  (Read 514 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden’s Decision To Station U.S. Marines On Commercial Ships In Persian Gulf Is Bizarre
Calling up U.S. Marines is a drastic step. To risk war only to use them as Band-Aids is irresponsible. If Iran wishes to follow Somalia down the piracy rabbit hole, it is time to put Tehran on the defensive and make Iran pay the economic price. Only through robust deterrence will the IRGC stop targeting international shipping.

ByMichael RubinPublished19 hours ago

U.S. President Joe Biden’s decision to station U.S. Marines on commercial ships in the Persian Gulf is bizarre.

While Biden is correct that there must be a response to Iran’s growing threats to international shipping and its piracy, he appears not to recognize that his own permissive diplomatic policy has encouraged the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ rogue behavior in this regard.

Meanwhile, stationing Marines on ships is a dangerous move toward conflict, with little promise to change Iranian behavior. After all, should the Guard Corps seek to hijack a ship with Marines onboard, it would mean either direct military engagement between Americans and the Guard Corps, or exposure of Biden’s unwillingness to take action. This could aggravate Iranian aggression elsewhere. At best, the IRGC might simply try to outlast American strategic patience.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2023/08/bidens-decision-to-station-u-s-marines-on-commercial-ships-in-persian-gulf-is-bizarre/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online DefiantMassRINO

Could this be a violation of Maritime Law or the Law of the Seas?

Once there is an active military person assigned onboard, doesn't that ship go from being a civilian maritime merchant vessel to becoming a valid military target?

Why is the US protecting Asia's and Europe's oil supply from OPEC nations?

Also, why is the US protecting Saudi oil exports?  Saudi Arabia is no longer an American ally, not since 9/11.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
After democrats have done so much to heavily arm the muslims of the MiddleEast, people are so stupid as to wonder while aggressive invading muslim Countries are now moving aggressively?  Maybe there is no cure for stupid to the extreme degree?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
RINO gets it half-right with:
"Also, why is the US protecting Saudi oil exports?  Saudi Arabia is no longer an American ally, not since 9/11."

Got news for ya, pal.
The September 11 attacks changed nothing.
The Saudis have NEVER been "our allies".

They are muslims.
That's all you need to know.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Could this be a violation of Maritime Law or the Law of the Seas?

Once there is an active military person assigned onboard, doesn't that ship go from being a civilian maritime merchant vessel to becoming a valid military target?

Well, if there is actually a war going on, sure.  But there isn't.   I really can't imagine Iran trying to board a ship defended by Marines.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
100 Marines, Sailors Ready to Ride Commercial Ships in Zone Defense Against Iran
By: Gidget Fuentes
August 11, 2023 7:20 PM

A force of 100 Marines, newly trained by Navy personnel, stand ready to respond, if ordered, to provide armed security aboard foreign commercial ships transiting the Strait of Hormuz, USNI has learned.

The Marines are members of the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit (Special Operations Capable) embarked on the three-ship Bataan Amphibious Ready Group. They were flown off the ships in Europe and arrived in Bahrain for training as ship security teams, and additional teams of sailors already deployed or stationed in the U.S. Central Command region were undergoing the training, said a U.S. official familiar with the plans.

“We have more than 100 Marines on the ground in Bahrain. Many of them have already gone through and completed the training,” the official said. “They’ve informed me that they make up several teams and they are ready to go, if directed to do so.”

Training began ahead of the Aug. 6 arrival of the big-deck amphibious assault ship USS Bataan (LHD-5) and dock landing ship USS Carter Hall (LSD-50) in Bahrain. USS Mesa Verde (LPD-19), the third ship in the Bataan ARG remains in Europe.

https://news.usni.org/2023/08/11/100-marines-sailors-ready-to-ride-commercial-ships-in-zone-defense-against-iran
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If they have to wait for orders to defend a ship, it is waste of time. :MiniGun:
Thomas Jefferson