Author Topic: Chuck Todd admits Gov. Abbott was 'right' about bussing migrants to blue cities: Dems are 'upset' at  (Read 483 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MEDIA Published August 11, 2023 9:18am EDT
Chuck Todd admits Gov. Abbott was 'right' about bussing migrants to blue cities: Dems are 'upset' at Biden
The Texas governor has sent busloads of migrants to sanctuary cities including New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C.
By Yael Halon | Fox News

NBC's Chuck Todd says Greg Abbott's reason for sending migrants to blue cities appears to 'right'
'Meet the Press' host discusses New York City's 'growing humanitarian crisis' after Mayor Eric Adams begged for more federal assistance amid the influx of migrants.

In a surprising admission Thursday, NBC's Chuck Todd said that Gov. Greg Abbott, R-Texas, was "right" when he said bussing migrants to blue cities would turn Democratic politicians against the Biden administration and pressure the White House to get control over the border.

During a preview of an upcoming segment on "Meet the Press", Todd discussed New York City's "growing humanitarian crisis" as officials grapple with an influx of migrants overwhelming city shelters and draining its resources. As Todd spoke, images of migrants camped out on New York City streets appeared on screen beside a frustrated Mayor Eric Adams.

"Coming up, New York City's growing humanitarian crisis. The shelter system, slammed by an influx of migrants. New calls for federal help. I guess Greg Abbott was right," Todd told viewers. "He said once he got blue cities to deal with this, that they would be very upset at the federal government."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/chuck-todd-admits-gov-abbott-right-bussing-migrants-blue-cities-dems-upset-biden
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Damn right.  Dems won't do anything until the problem is in their backyard.

When bleeding heart limousine liberal elites say "Not in my back yard (NIMBY)", they mean it.  Put your problem in their back yard, so it becomes their problem, too.

Northeast Dem bleeding heart limousine liberal elites don't give a damn about what is happening in Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona.  But, they do care about Dem population centers where their voters and donors live.

Keep sending the buses up North.

////00000////

Flying migrants to Martha's Vineyard was a money-wasting publicity stunt.  Busing them enmasse to the Dems' back yards will force change as the city, state, and county Governments hemorrage funds and resources.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline LMAO

Damn right.  Dems won't do anything until the problem is in their backyard.

When bleeding heart limousine liberal elites say "Not in my back yard (NIMBY)", they mean it.  Put your problem in their back yard, so it becomes their problem, too.

Northeast Dem bleeding heart limousine liberal elites don't give a damn about what is happening in Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona.  But, they do care about Dem population centers where their voters and donors live.

Keep sending the buses up North.

////00000////

Flying migrants to Martha's Vineyard was a money-wasting publicity stunt.  Busing them enmasse to the Dems' back yards will force change as the city, state, and county Governments hemorrage funds and resources.

The best test of someone’s belief system is when they are forced to live by that belief

Declaring your city a “Sanctuary City” was all fun and virtuous when Donald Trump was taking a hard line stance against illegal immigration. But it isn’t so fun for the cities when they have to pay for it.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Kamaji

The best test of someone’s belief system is when they are forced to live by that belief

Declaring your city a “Sanctuary City” was all fun and virtuous when Donald Trump was taking a hard line stance against illegal immigration. But it isn’t so fun for the cities when they have to pay for it.

:thumbsup: