Author Topic: ERO Boston arrests fugitive in Connecticut wanted for murder in Brazil  (Read 195 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AUGUST 10, 2023BOSTON, MAENFORCEMENT AND REMOVAL
ERO Boston arrests fugitive in Connecticut wanted for murder in Brazil

BOSTON — Officers from Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) Boston’s Hartford, Connecticut, office arrested an unlawfully present fugitive who is wanted for murder in Brazil. Officers arrested him in Waterbury, Connecticut, on Aug. 7.

The 28-year-old Brazilian citizen unlawfully entered the United States some time prior to August 2023. In March 2023, a criminal court in the city of Tarumirim, in the state of Minas Gerais, Brazil, began actively seeking custody of the fugitive on the charge of aggravated murder, a crime he is alleged to have committed in January 2017.

Officers with ERO Boston apprehended the wanted fugitive in Waterbury, Connecticut, taking him into custody without incident. He will remain in ICE custody pending a hearing before a federal immigration judge.

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/ero-boston-arrests-fugitive-connecticut-wanted-murder-brazil
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson