Author Topic: Amazon workers furious over return to office warning: ‘Is this supposed to scare people?’  (Read 973 times)

Online Kamaji

Amazon workers furious over return to office warning: ‘Is this supposed to scare people?’

By Thomas Barrabi   
August 10, 2023

Amazon sparked fresh outrage among corporate employees after warning some workers that they are “not currently meeting” an “expectation” that they work in an assigned office at least three days per week.

Amazon sent an email on Wednesday to workers who had purportedly failed to comply with the company’s office attendance mandate, which took effect in May.

“We are reaching out as you are not currently meeting our expectation of joining your colleagues in the office at least three days a week, even though your assigned building is ready,” the message said, according to screenshots circulating on the anonymous corporate message board Blind.

The email warning appeared to reignite tensions within the e-commerce giant, with some employees asserting that they had received the message by mistake. Amazon employees had previously staged a walkout to protest the return-to-office push in May.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/10/amazon-workers-furious-over-return-to-office-warning/

Online Kamaji

Poor widdle babies.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I know I am old but still, when I was growing up the very idea of getting a job and then not going to work was f--king crazy.
Now, it is not only normal, it is expected. I am living past my generation. I do not understand the world anymore?
Of course you woke up at 6am, shower shave and get dressed. Then you go to work. That was my life forever.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Kamaji

I know I am old but still, when I was growing up the very idea of getting a job and then not going to work was f--king crazy.
Now, it is not only normal, it is expected. I am living past my generation. I do not understand the world anymore?
Of course you woke up at 6am, shower shave and get dressed. Then you go to work. That was my life forever.

It's not that they don't want to work, per se, it's that they want to continue to "work" from home - which means some people actually do work, and others goof off.

Online Polly Ticks

It depends on your job. I am an IT project manager. I live in Kentucky. My manager lives in Missouri. I manage projects where the developers who are doing the actual work are located in India, the subject matter expert is in Ohio, and the business owners are in Connecticut or California. Every meeting I have is done via an online meeting tool.  All of our project documentation is required to be stored on a SharePoint site for auditing purposes. 

What sense would it make to require me to come into the local office building?

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online DefiantMassRINO

... only scare people who want to keep their jobs.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

What sense would it make to require me to come into the local office building?
@Polly Ticks
For what you describe it would make no sense. But then we have to consider that you do not have an American job. Your are working for a Globalist Conglomerate which is an umbilical direct line to China. You are essentially working for Bill Gates and China. If you live in Kentucky, or Beijing China, it would make no difference. It is all the same thing. This is the Globalist World.

So yes. There is no need for you to, as they say, go to work. You are a digital contributor to the digital zeitgeist. In some sense, in a workplace sense, you are not an actual person. And you will never get a piece of cake in the break room from Angela's birthday.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 03:55:39 pm by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Kamaji

@Polly Ticks
For what you describe it would make no sense. But then we have to consider that you do not have an American job. Your are working for a Globalist Conglomerate which is an umbilical direct line to China. You are essentially working for Bill Gates and China. If you live in Kentucky, or Beijing China, it would make no difference. It is all the same thing. This is the Globalist World.

So yes. There is no need for you to, as they say, go to work. You are a digital contributor the the digital zeitgeist. In some sense, in a workplace sense, you are not an actual person. And you will never get a piece of cake in the break room from Angela's birthday.

WADR, there is no call for that.

Our IT manager at my little firm normally works from home.  Other than the keyboards, thin clients, and monitors in the offices that we use, the rest of our IT infrastructure is remote/cloud-based, for a variety of reasons, and it doesn't make much sense for her to commute an hour each way to come to the office, just to go online and spend 95% of her time helping people remotely and monitoring our remote/cloud assets online.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

WADR, there is no call for that.

Our IT manager at my little firm normally works from home.  Other than the keyboards, thin clients, and monitors in the offices that we use, the rest of our IT infrastructure is remote/cloud-based, for a variety of reasons, and it doesn't make much sense for her to commute an hour each way to come to the office, just to go online and spend 95% of her time helping people remotely and monitoring our remote/cloud assets online.

What is the anger?
I said nothing insulting or disparaging. It is just my opinion. I meant no insult or anything like that. I like @Polly Ticks and you too by the way. There is no intention to insult anyone. This is me. This is my life. And that is all. Free speech and all that stuff ... right?

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"This is me. This is my life. And that is all. Free speech and all that stuff ... right?"

Good on ya, 240b.

Offline berdie

Frankly, I don't see the issue. If the job is being done...who cares where or how long it takes?

I can see how the commercial real estate market might take a hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Frankly, I don't see the issue. If the job is being done...who cares where or how long it takes?

It already has.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

It already has.

The company I worked for has a lot of commercial property. I agree, from what I hear...they have taken a hit.

Online Kamaji

It's coming in NYC.

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
In related "Ironic News"...."Zoom" requiring employees to come back into the office:

https://www.windowscentral.com/software-apps/zoom-ignores-irony-mandates-workers-return-to-office

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I can understand people wanting to work from home, but it's the employer who sets the conditions of employment and if one of those conditions is that employees come in to the a minimum of three days that is it. If employees don't like it they have the option of refusing and finding another employer who lets them work from every minute, I'm thinking good luck with that.

Online Kamaji