Author Topic: Biden administration warns states as millions lose Medicaid  (Read 369 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden administration warns states as millions lose Medicaid
« on: August 11, 2023, 01:54:22 pm »
 Biden administration warns states as millions lose Medicaid

More than 4 million people have had their Medicaid benefits terminated in the last four months, including nearly three-quarters who have lost coverage because of paperwork problems.

By Megan Messerly

08/10/2023 01:28 PM EDT

Updated: 08/10/2023 06:15 PM EDT

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services is ramping up pressure on states that may be failing to meet federal requirements as they renew Medicaid coverage for millions of people for the first time since the start of the pandemic.

The agency has for months been mum about its behind-the-scenes communications with states, but on Wednesday made public letters it sent to state Medicaid officials warning that they may be running afoul of federal law and regulations. The letters, which were sent to all 50 states and Washington, D.C., identified three key areas of concern: high rates of people losing Medicaid because of paperwork problems, long call center wait times and slow application processing.

Thirty-six states were flagged as falling short on at least one of the criteria, including five — Alaska, Florida, Montana, New Mexico and Rhode Island — that fell short on all three.

The criteria don’t reflect all potential challenges with states’ unwinding processes, the letters are only based on data reported by states in May and some states are missing data.

more
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/10/biden-administration-states-medicaid-00110686
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Biden administration warns states as millions lose Medicaid
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 01:54:57 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Biden administration warns states as millions lose Medicaid
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2023, 02:06:43 pm »
F'ing bureaucrats.  Streamline the damn process; layoff Government paper pushers; and save billions on employees, paper clips, staples, and envelopes that are no longer needed.

////00000////

Poor, ill, sick, disable, and dying people have so much free time and energy to fill out volumes of paperwork as they struggle to take each next breath, whic could be the last.

Have the DC paper pushers ever had to meet paperwork deadlines as they are hospitalized with Sepsis and Kidney failure brought on by Covid?  Dotted i's and crossed t's are not a person's priority as they struggle to live.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.