Author Topic: Climate Crazy? Andrew Griffiths’ “Ecocide” Threat  (Read 190 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate Crazy? Andrew Griffiths’ “Ecocide” Threat
« on: August 11, 2023, 11:06:05 am »
Climate Crazy? Andrew Griffiths’ “Ecocide” Threat
By Robert Bradley Jr. -- August 10, 2023

“UKers have been hearing doom for a half century. Citizens want affordable, reliable energy. Many if not most know that UK sacrifice will not have any affect on climate for decades given the global coal, gas, and oil boom. Adaptation yes, but don’t exaggerate.”

It began with a “Wake Up Rishi Sunak” post from Andrew Griffiths, director of Policy & Partnerships at PlanetMark, a climate activist organization that continually complains that the UK government never does enough to mitigate greenhouse gases. Never mind that the UK accounts for about one percent of such global emissions; its oil and gas industry is mostly shut down; businesses can’t afford climate-policy-inflated bills, and consumers are falling into energy poverty…. And the plants like CO2!

“When government actually tell the general public what the climate crisis will mean for the UK, they demand government action,” Andrew begins.

The findings of this government report are not surprising, nor is the fact that the current government would choose to release their report on this quietly and without fanfare because it would make them accountable and not support their effort to start a culture war for political gain.

I responded:

https://www.masterresource.org/eco-fascism/griffiths-ecocide-threat/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson