Author Topic: Judge sets ‘Rust’ armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed trial date in involuntary manslaughter case  (Read 385 times)

Offline Kamaji

Judge sets ‘Rust’ armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed trial date in involuntary manslaughter case

By Tracy Wright, Lauryn Overhultz, Fox News
August 10, 2023

“Rust” armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed entered a not-guilty plea Wednesday to involuntary manslaughter and tampering with evidence charges.

In addition, District Court Judge Mary Marlowe Sommer entered a scheduling order in the case and set the trial dates for Dec. 6-15, 2023. Jury selection will begin on Dec. 5.

Gutierrez Reed worked as the armorer on the set of the Alec Baldwin film where a gun the actor was handling fired and killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. 

Fox News Digital has reached out to Reed’s attorney for comment.

As part of the order setting Gutierrez Reed’s conditions of release, she may not possess firearms, consume alcohol, or return to the location of the alleged incident.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/10/judge-sets-rust-armorer-hannah-gutierrez-reed-trial-date-in-involuntary-manslaughter-case/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Did she pull the trigger? Point the firearm in an unsafe direction? Fail to check the firearm for live rounds before doing the previous two acts? (Every firearm should be checked when someone hands it to you).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

I predict her sentence will be tougher than Alec Baldwins, who actually pointed the gun and pulled the trigger
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I predict her sentence will be tougher than Alec Baldwins, who actually pointed the gun and pulled the trigger

Yup!  She is the designated patsy to take the fall for Baldwin.  I have been saying this ever since the story first broke.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

That is a certainty since all of Baldwin's charges have been dropped.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

That is a certainty since all of Baldwin's charges have been dropped.

Oh that’s right… Lol.

I forgot his charges were dropped. So that would mean even if she gets a slap on the wrist, she’ll get a tougher sentence than he got
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Did she pull the trigger? Point the firearm in an unsafe direction? Fail to check the firearm for live rounds before doing the previous two acts? (Every firearm should be checked when someone hands it to you).
And the rules for everyone on a set is that if you are handed a weapon you must personally verify, through a specific procedure, that the gun is in fact unloaded and safe. The POS Baldwin knew that being on many films where he used guns but hey because he is a prominent vile democrat he got a pass. Is this armorer somewhat culpable? hell yes, she had no business with her level of experience being the armorer for any movie and the joke of control maintained on weapons on the set proves it. But as you say who didn't verify the weapon safe when they took possession of it, who pointed the gun in an unsafe manner and who pulled the trigger?