Author Topic: Inflation up for first time in a year in big blow to Biden  (Read 466 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Inflation up for first time in a year in big blow to Biden
« on: August 10, 2023, 01:18:12 pm »
 Inflation up for first time in a year in big blow to Biden
Inflation rose slightly to a 3.2% rate for the year ending in July, the first increase after a full year of declines.
Zachary Halaschak

Inflation rose slightly to a 3.2% rate for the year ending in July, the first increase after a full year of declines, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported on Thursday in an update to the consumer price index.

Investors had expected a slight uptick.

MORTGAGE RATES ECLIPSE 7%, HIGHEST SINCE NOVEMBER, IN TROUBLING SIGN FOR MARKET

On a month-to-month basis, inflation was 0.2%, in line with expectations.

The Federal Reserve has been hiking interest rates for more than a year and had seen success in meaningfully bringing down inflation since the tightening cycle began in earnest last March.

The central bank’s target rate is now 5.25% to 5.50%, with the most recent rate hike, and perhaps its last, coming last month.

Meanwhile, “core inflation,” which strips out volatile food and energy prices, rose to 4.7% in the year ending in July.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/economy/inflation-ticked-up-to-3-2-in-july-in-setback-for-biden-and-fed
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Inflation up for first time in a year in big blow to Biden
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2023, 01:22:21 pm »
Siri, define Bidenomics.  "Bidenomics. Telling people it's raining when they are pissing on your leg."
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2023, 01:26:11 pm »
Inflation has truly never gone down. Trying to stay afloat these days for most is having to cut back on their spending and some their way of life.  We all know the costs that have gone up with groceries, electricity, water, food, gas, and insurance. It is an insult to the American public for this administration to say that inflation is down and the economy is doing well. 

Whether they want to take responsibility or not for their economic policy failures, ILLEGAL immigration and the push for going green are both fueling the demise of this country.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2023, 01:52:49 pm »
Inflation rose slightly to a 3.2% rate for the year ending in July...

A 3% inflation rate will steal more than one third of your life savings over ten years.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2023, 01:57:11 pm »
A 3% inflation rate will steal more than one third of your life savings over ten years.

:thumbsup:

Aka the cruelest tax. It affects the poorest the hardest. I've been saying for a while that people need to be spanked voting for Democrats and now they are. Including me. :(

Personally I'm hurting.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2023, 07:40:49 pm »
Personally I haven't seen inflation drop, sure gas went down a bit for a while but otherwise all I saw drop in grocery store were short term loss leaders to get you in and buy other stuff. I also don't believe Jack Scheisse that comes out of any democrat administration especially not the three Obama/Biden administrations!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2023, 07:43:29 pm »

Yep

And the roots of it is out of control government spending and the resulting debt and deficits

THIS HAS TO STOP!!!

All serious GOP candidates running need to make this issue front and center. We know the Democrat party won’t.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 07:44:28 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2023, 07:45:57 pm »
I challenge anyone to show me one valid large sector of our economy that is only 3% more expensive than a year ago.

The Fed, and Treasury, and Pedo Joe's inner circle jerk  are becoming experts on lying and fudging numbers.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2023, 07:47:57 pm »
Yep

And the roots of it is out of control government spending and the resulting debt and deficits

THIS HAS TO STOP!!!

All serious GOP candidates running need to make this issue front and center. We know the Democrat party won’t.

The last GOP POTUS ran up the deficit higher and faster than his 44 predecessors. Don't lookd to our feckless GOP for change.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2023, 09:16:31 pm »
Yep

THIS HAS TO STOP!!!

Which could not happen without a fiat currency and the federal reserve banks.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien