Author Topic: Why Ron DeSantis Is The Man To Lead The Great American Comeback  (Read 3031 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: Why Ron DeSantis Is The Man To Lead The Great American Comeback
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2023, 08:09:04 pm »
That right there should tell you everything you need to know.  And there are posters here on this forum who are 100% in bed with Democrats to see it happen.
"Strange bedfellows" doesn't even begin to describe it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2023, 08:14:25 pm »
DeSantis isn't the best campaigner/politician among the contenders, but I'm pretty sure he'd make the best President by a good margin.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2023, 08:16:19 pm »
DeSantis isn't the best campaigner/politician among the contenders, but I'm pretty sure he'd make the best President by a good margin.

That's right.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2023, 08:24:53 pm »

:thumbsup:

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2023, 08:26:30 pm »

Yes!
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline libertybele

« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2023, 08:44:01 pm »

I'm not looking for a 'polished' campaigner or politician.  I'm looking for someone who will lead us forward and that respects our Constitution.

You bet ya.  At this point, I think DeSantis is our best hope for our Republic.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2023, 08:50:43 pm »
I'm not looking for a 'polished' campaigner or politician. 
Unfortunately, the masses are swayed by celebrity, good looks and/or glibness. An Abraham Lincoln or Calvin Coolidge wouldn't stand a chance today.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2023, 10:20:55 pm »
IMO, Americans, by and large, are drawn more to strength, courage and honesty than "polish" or "good looks" or "glibness".  Look beyond dissing Trump in abstenia for a moment ---- and explain how Vivek Ramaswamy is overtaking the self-annointed greatest governor in our lifetimes if this spin embraced by many is true.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 10:22:00 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2023, 10:24:03 pm »
IMO, Americans, by and large, are drawn more to strength, courage and honesty than "polish" or "good looks" or "glibness".  Look beyond dissing Trump in abstenia for a moment ---- and explain how Vivek Ramaswamy is overtaking the self-annointed greatest governor in our lifetimes if this spin embraced by many is true.

If that were true, y'all wouldn't be throwing monkey-sh*t like you do.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2023, 10:25:41 pm »

Ramsy is telling people what they want to hear and is articulate in doing so; just like O'Bammy. 

BTW -- self-annointed??  B.S. He is an awesome governor though and with his record leaves little doubt he'd make a great president.

Drawn to strength and honesty yes.  Trump has shown strength at times, but his honesty is definitely in question.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2023, 10:39:44 pm »
There is nothing special about Ronny's tenure as governor except his Republican super majority in the state house, his Republican majority on the state Supreme Court, and use of Floridians to feed his opportunistic ego.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2023, 10:45:43 pm »
There is nothing special about Ronny's tenure as governor except his Republican super majority in the state house, his Republican majority on the state Supreme Court, and use of Floridians to feed his opportunistic ego.

Bull.  He is getting things done period.  He got things done during COVID.  He got things done after Ian.  He doesn't sit on his hands and wait till the last minute to move to get something accomplished like Trump.  Trump had a super majority in his first 2 years and has nothing to show for it.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2023, 10:46:14 pm »
Hardly anybody's attacked Ol' Four Syllables yet. Nobody sees him as a threat—and he isn't one.

There has been exactly one U.S. President with four or more syllables in his last name... and that guy won World War II and was smart enough to drill the name "Ike" into people's heads. A guy with a last name like Ramaswamy isn't going to fly, especially with a Republican electorate.

If Trump all of a sudden disappears, a guy whose name conjures thoughts of that old doowop lyric Ramalamadingdong and South Asian swamis isn't going to become the frontrunner overnight.

But really, it's also the reason why your guy is still getting polling numbers. The vast majority of the dais is playing footsie with your guy except for Chris Christie, who also stands no chance. Yet everyone seems to be attacking DeSantis left and—well, further left. I've never seen it. The entirety of the negative campaign focused on the guy supposedly in distant second or third.

That tells me all of this polling nonsense is noise.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2023, 10:48:04 pm »
There is nothing special about Ronny's tenure as governor

He didn't appoint the head of the GOP Swamp as his chief-of-staff.  He didn't give medals to Fauci and Milley.  He didn't give a dime of taxpayer money to Planned Parenthood.  And he didn't bury Florida with ten trillion in debt.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2023, 10:54:41 pm »
Hardly anybody's attacked Ol' Four Syllables yet. Nobody sees him as a threat—and he isn't one.

There has been exactly one U.S. President with four or more syllables in his last name... and that guy won World War II and was smart enough to drill the name "Ike" into people's heads. A guy with a last name like Ramaswamy isn't going to fly, especially with a Republican electorate.

If Trump all of a sudden disappears, a guy whose name conjures thoughts of that old doowop lyric Ramalamadingdong and South Asian swamis isn't going to become the frontrunner overnight.

But really, it's also the reason why your guy is still getting polling numbers. The vast majority of the dais is playing footsie with your guy except for Chris Christie, who also stands no chance. Yet everyone seems to be attacking DeSantis left and—well, further left. I've never seen it. The entirety of the negative campaign focused on the guy supposedly in distant second or third.

That tells me all of this polling nonsense is noise.

Ramsy's parents are migrants (illegals) from India.  End of story for me.  The only other research I found on him leads to his affiliation with Soros.  Done. 

In May 2023, Ramaswamy's campaign admitted that he had paid an editor to alter his Wikipedia biography before announcing his candidacy, but denied that it was politically motivated.[24] Forbes reported Ramaswamy may have paid an editor to alter his Wikipedia page to appear more favorable to political conservatives before announcing his campaign by removing references to his Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowship for New Americans postgraduate fellowship and his involvement with the Ohio COVID-19 Response Team.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivek_Ramaswamy

Offline corbe

« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2023, 11:05:22 pm »
   TTIUWP:

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2023, 11:09:00 pm »
IMO, Americans, by and large, are drawn more to strength, courage and honesty

In other words, someone other than Donald Trump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2023, 11:14:36 pm »

That is right.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2023, 03:37:30 am »
Bull.  He is getting things done period.  He got things done during COVID..  Trump had a super majority in his first 2 years and has nothing to show for it.

Ronny followed the law of Fauci to the letter long, long after President Trump left office.

Trump had a RINO majority in the first two years of his presidency under the leadership of McConnell and Ryan --- the same ones using DeSantis to return to power.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2023, 04:01:29 am »
Ronny followed the law of Fauci to the letter long, long after President Trump left office.

A lie.

Trump had a RINO majority in the first two years of his presidency under the leadership of McConnell and Ryan

And a RINO President who supported them both.

--- the same ones using DeSantis to return to power.

A lie.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2023, 04:08:31 am »
STATE OF FLORIDA
OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR
EXECUTIVE ORDER NUMBER 20-244

(Phase 3; Right to Work; Business Certainty; Suspension of Fines.)

WHEREAS, on March 9, 2020, I issued Executive Order 20-52 declaring a state of
emergency for the entire State of Florida as a result of COVID-19; and

WHEREAS, on April 29, 2020, I issued Executive Order 20-112 initiating Phase 1
of the Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan for Florida's Recovery; and

WHEREAS, on May 14, 2020, I issued Executive Order 20-123 for Full Phase 1;
and

WHEREAS, on June 3, 2020, I issued Executive Order 20-139 initiating Phase 2
of the Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan for Florida's Recovery.

WHEREAS, the State of Florida has suffered economic harm as a result of COVID19-related closures, exacerbating the impacts of the State of Emergency, and Floridians
should not be prohibited by local governments from working or operating a business.  .  .  .

https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/orders/2020/EO_20-244.pdf

Sept 2020

I am sick and tired of liars posting lies on this forum.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2023, 08:14:37 am »
 DeSantis most certainly followed Fauci's lead , including in 2021 @Hoodat    Would you like me to repost the receipts you've missed?  Just say the word and I'll be happy to do so.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 08:17:13 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2023, 10:29:38 am »
STATE OF FLORIDA
OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR
EXECUTIVE ORDER NUMBER 20-244

(Phase 3; Right to Work; Business Certainty; Suspension of Fines.)

WHEREAS, on March 9, 2020, I issued Executive Order 20-52 declaring a state of
emergency for the entire State of Florida as a result of COVID-19; and

WHEREAS, on April 29, 2020, I issued Executive Order 20-112 initiating Phase 1
of the Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan for Florida's Recovery; and

WHEREAS, on May 14, 2020, I issued Executive Order 20-123 for Full Phase 1;
and

WHEREAS, on June 3, 2020, I issued Executive Order 20-139 initiating Phase 2
of the Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan for Florida's Recovery.

WHEREAS, the State of Florida has suffered economic harm as a result of COVID19-related closures, exacerbating the impacts of the State of Emergency, and Floridians
should not be prohibited by local governments from working or operating a business.  .  .  .

https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/orders/2020/EO_20-244.pdf

Sept 2020

I am sick and tired of liars posting lies on this forum.

It will continue and will only become more egregious.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2023, 10:30:57 am »
Cults of personality trade in lies; it is their common currency.  The Cult of Donald Trump is deeply ingrained in the minds of its adherents.