Author Topic: Why Ron DeSantis Is The Man To Lead The Great American Comeback  (Read 3030 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Why Ron DeSantis Is The Man To Lead The Great American Comeback
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2023, 09:48:16 pm »
I don't think Trump even believes in any of that except to the extent it may benefit him in a given moment.

And I'm not so sure he's got much of a problem with fascism, either.  Just with someone other than him in charge.

Do you agree with this post to you @mountaineer

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2023, 10:04:24 pm »
I believe every single one of the criminal actions against Trump is utter BS. That doesn't make him a more attractive candidate.

Truth.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2023, 11:13:37 pm »
How about defending the rule of equal justice, free and fair elections, and joining with your fellow citizens building an impenetrable wall with their political voices against the fascist takeover of our government.  Do you find any of this attractive?
And what's his track record on those things? Especially after March 2020? :whistle:

Remember, if he wins, he can't run again. But if he loses, he can keep running forever.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2023, 11:38:50 pm »
Sure. Those actions have nothing to do with Mr. Trump, however.

Yup.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2023, 11:39:27 pm »
And what's his track record on those things? Especially after March 2020? :whistle:

Remember, if he wins, he can't run again. But if he loses, he can keep running forever.

He hasn’t done a damned thing to advance any of those goals.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2023, 11:55:29 pm »

Nope, he can't run forever.  Death is inevitable for us all and he's aged quite a bit since he lost to Brandon.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2023, 12:01:02 am »
Why not?  Each time they indict him, he gets a boost in the GOP primary polling.

Seriously, how does one guarantee that people prone to conspiracy theories will go for something?  Make a conspiracy theory out of it.  So-called MAGA is being suckered big time by the left, who have their number, and who also realize the the voters who will decide the general election - the so-called moderates, who will vote, but who aren't committed to a candidate right now, get more and more turned off every time Trump opens his big fat mouth.

I'm not so sure that I agree with your opinion or assumptions.  The election last time was decided because it was stolen.  Independents and moderates I doubt have made up their minds yet as it is too early in the election cycle and the debates haven't even begun.  Secondly, I don't think they are done indicting Trump.  I believe they'll find more bogus charges.

Just my opinion.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2023, 12:06:14 am »

:facepalm2:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2023, 12:52:36 am »

And I'm not so sure he's got much of a problem with fascism, either.  Just with someone other than him being the head fascist in charge.

I wouldn't consider Trump a Fascist. But he does want to be the one to wield the power of an ever growing government
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2023, 01:48:35 am »
I wouldn't consider Trump a Fascist. But he does want to be the one to wield the power of an ever growing government

Trump wants to return the government to its rightful owners, the American citizens.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2023, 02:07:54 am »
Trump wants to return the government to its rightful owners, the American citizens.

He had four years to show that, yet government power grew greater under Trump than during any other four-year term in US history.

Covid lockdowns?  Jab mandates?  Weaponization of the Justice Department?  IRS censorship?  Criminalizing public assembly?  Skyrocketing debt?  All Trump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2023, 02:23:18 am »
He had four years to show that, yet government power grew greater under Trump than during any other four-year term in US history.

Covid lockdowns?  Jab mandates?  Weaponization of the Justice Department?  IRS censorship?  Criminalizing public assembly?  Skyrocketing debt?  All Trump.

Speaking of skyrocketing debt, the foundation for the inflation we see today was laid during Trump’s tenure. I don’t think policies that rob people of their savings is returning government to the citizens
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2023, 02:31:33 am »
Speaking of skyrocketing debt, the foundation for the inflation we see today was laid during Trump’s tenure. I don’t think policies that rob people of their savings is returning government to the citizens

The lies sound good, but they are lies nonetheless.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2023, 02:58:58 am »

:bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly:

I had to dig out the bigsillies for that one...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 03:00:34 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2023, 12:12:53 pm »
The lies sound good, but they are lies nonetheless.

:thumbsup:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2023, 12:47:42 pm »

I wouldn't either.  The only "-ist" that applies to him is being a "Trumpist".  I don't think he cares much otherwise, which is why I think what matter to him is less the "-ist" than the fact that he's the one in charge.

So I wouldn't say he's a monarchist either...but he wouldn't turn it down if someone wanted to make him King.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 12:51:35 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2023, 12:50:57 pm »
No, DJT is not an idealogue.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2023, 12:53:37 pm »
I wouldn't either.  The only "-ist" that applies to him is being a "Trumpist".  I don't think he cares much otherwise, which is why I think what matter to him is less the "-ist" than the fact that he's the one in charge.

So I wouldn't say he's a monarchist either...but he wouldn't turn it down if someone wanted to make him King.

Trump is more closer to a Hoover Republican

Their tenures are similar in ways

Barry Goldwater

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2023, 12:58:42 pm »

wait for the string of tweets whining that DeSantis refusing to take in NYC superspreaders was draconian and made him worse than Fauci.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2023, 03:36:39 pm »
Nope, he can't run forever.  Death is inevitable for us all and he's aged quite a bit since he lost to Brandon.
Well, that's what I thought about Tom Brady, too, but he somehow lasted 10 years longer in his career than he should have.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2023, 01:30:27 pm »
Cryptid Politics
@CryptidPolitics
🚨@politico confirms that LauraLoomer and the Trump campaign are working hand-in-hand with noted liberal Ron Filipkowski in attempt to take down RonDeSantis.

7:51 AM · Aug 17, 2023
Story about Filipkowski is here: The Hard-Tweeting Defense Lawyer GOP Candidates Have Learned to Fear; Ron Filipkowski’s uncovered videos have embarrassed multiple campaigns. Now he’s aiming for Ron DeSantis.

See also: Records show how Dems are collecting DeSantis oppo, from Politico.

Gee, looks like the Dems really don't want RD to be the GOP nominee. But they're okay with Trump.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2023, 02:55:34 pm »
Why is this concept so difficult to understand?!

Not difficult to understand.

They just keep insisting Don IS the guy that does that and that Ron is a RINO.  Goebels technique.  Nyah nyah nyah.  I can't hear you.  3 monkeys/hear/speak/see.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2023, 03:11:13 pm »
This is why we have elections ... so the voters can prove the pundits are full of crap.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2023, 04:33:23 pm »
Gee, looks like the Dems really don't want RD to be the GOP nominee. But they're okay with Trump.  :pondering:

That right there should tell you everything you need to know.  And there are posters here on this forum who are 100% in bed with Democrats to see it happen.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-