Author Topic: Why Ron DeSantis Is The Man To Lead The Great American Comeback  (Read 3056 times)

Offline Kamaji

Why Ron DeSantis Is The Man To Lead The Great American Comeback

Presidential candidate Gov. Ron DeSantis will do for these United States what he has done for Florida and raise our expectations for the executive.

BY: KYLE LAMB
AUGUST 10, 2023

Even prior to arriving in Florida to work for the Office of Gov. Ron DeSantis in 2020, I was immediately struck by the bravery and conviction he exhibited during the early days of Covid. He stood on principle and fortified his position with data.

This endeared me to his causes. My own path to Florida began with studying and sharing Covid data online. In contradicting some of the federal government’s narratives, I endured a tsunami of smears from corporate media attempting to attack my credibility and qualifications for my job.

For saying things like masks didn’t stop respiratory viruses, lockdowns were destructive, and the virus may have come from a lab, I was ridiculed and vilified. In fact, some congressional Democrats tried to have me canceled after I accepted a position with the state.

Despite the onslaught, the DeSantis administration never budged. Going with the governor against Anthony Fauci was the correct decision.

Now, my path has diverged a bit. But my resolve has not.

A few months ago, I left the state office to join the Ron DeSantis for President campaign. It required little contemplation. You only commit to such an endeavor knowing it’s a finite journey that could be a roller coaster ride of emotion.

Recently, my journey was cut short as one of a reported 38 staffers who parted ways with the campaign in what has been termed a “reset.” Some would consider this a dead end to their political pilgrimage. I view it as more of a bright orange “detour” sign.

When I pledged my blood, sweat, and tears to this cause, I did so because I believe America is ready for her restoration and DeSantis is the man to lead that “Great American Comeback.”

DeSantis Is Putting His All Into This
Already, I believe the fruits of the campaign reboot are coming to harvest. In the past few weeks, DeSantis has done interviews with CNN, NBC, and The New York Times. He’s joined popular conservative long-form podcasts with influencers Clay Travis and Megyn Kelly.

In doing the “full Grassley,” the governor is visiting all 99 counties in Iowa ahead of the January caucuses. He’s been involved in more town halls and engaging in other forms of retail politics.

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2023/08/10/why-ron-desantis-is-the-man-to-lead-the-great-american-comeback/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Why Ron DeSantis Is The Man To Lead The Great American Comeback
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2023, 12:25:15 pm »
Cue the OrangeTM Snark in 3, 2, ....

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2023, 12:41:09 pm »
Maybe he will, maybe he won’t

But MAGAs can’t understand why people who favor reductions in the size and power of the federal government would be attracted to the DeSantis campaign

While in Congress, he was a TEA Party member who worked to reduce government spending. He won reelection by nearly 20 points running on a solid conservative platform. He seems to have a grasp of the Constitution and the role of the federal government. He accurately  outlined the cause of our inflation.

Let’s compare that to Donald Trump. Tariffs that ended up bringing us into a trade war and hurt farmers and businesses to the point that those farmers had to be bailed out, pressured the Federal Reserve to keep interest rates artificially low for longer than they should’ve been, not terribly long stated that we could never default because the federal government can print all the money that it needs, signed onto every bloated budget, which increased the debt, and was on path to add more to the debt under his watch than under Obama, when we were already over 100% debt to GDP ratio, planted the seeds of inflation that was fueled by the Biden administration

That does not mean that there’s not going to be areas of disagreement with DeSantis. And I hope that if, by some chance, he gets nomination, his supporters don’t become like Obama or Trump supporters. But his positions are closer to those of us who call ourselves conservative than Donald Trump’s. And frankly, we’re tired of seeing the left thrive and win elections under this guy.

The answer to our problems are not more government, more spending, and more debt.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 12:58:02 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2023, 12:51:01 pm »

The answer to our problems are not more government, more spending, and more debt.

Why is this concept so difficult to understand?!
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2023, 12:56:05 pm »
Maybe he will, maybe he won’t

But MAGAs can’t understand why people who favor reductions in the size and power of the federal government would be attracted to the DeSantis campaign

While in Congress, he was a TEA Party member who worked to reduce government spending. He won reelection by nearly 20 points running on a solid conservative platform. He seems to have a grasp of the Constitution and the role of the federal government. He accurately  outlined the cause of our inflation.

Let’s compare that to Donald Trump. Tariffs that ended up bringing us into a trade war and hurt farmers and businesses to the point that those farmers had to be bailed out, pressured the Federal Reserve to keep interest rates artificially low for longer than they should’ve and been, not terribly long stated that we could never default because the federal government can print all the money that it needs, signed onto every bloated budget, which increased the debt, and was on path to add more to the debt under his watch than under Obama, when we were already over 100% debt to GDP ratio, planted the seeds of inflation that was fueled by the Biden administration

That does not mean that there’s not going to be areas of disagreement with DeSantis. And I hope that if, by some chance, he gets nomination, his supporters don’t become like Obama or Trump supporters. But his positions are closer to those of us who call ourselves conservative than Donald Trump’s. And frankly, we’re tired of seeing the left thrive and win elections under this guy.

:thumbsup:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2023, 02:15:17 pm »
Even prior to arriving in Florida to work for the Office of Gov. Ron DeSantis in 2020, I was immediately struck by the bravery and conviction he exhibited during the early days of Covid. He stood on principle and fortified his position with data.

https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/status/1641192739323650048

https://twitter.com/LauraLoomer/status/1632477718351675393

https://twitter.com/here_I_go_so/status/1666426743006142465

https://twitter.com/here_I_go_so/status/1663678865741340676

https://twitter.com/MAGAIncWarRoom/status/1664381991330930691

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2023, 02:30:33 pm »
Let's see if the DeSantis Campaign can make a GOP Primary comeback, first.

America never stopped being great.  Only the people on television and in DC stopped being great.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2023, 04:35:05 pm »
Let's see if the DeSantis Campaign can make a GOP Primary comeback, first.

True

I just simply outlined why many of us are going to be supporting Ron DeSantis in the primary. And should he win the primary and go on to win the presidency, well, let’s hope he doesn’t become a let down

Nothing personal against Donald Trump as he hasn’t done anything to me or my loved ones. It’s just political, not personal
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 04:36:59 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2023, 03:02:34 pm »
Steve Deace of BlazeTV explains why he's endorsing DeSantis.
...  I don't believe there will be an option to vote for Trump in the 2024 election. Yes, I think he has real electability issues, but even more fundamental than that, I don't believe they're going to let you vote for him if you want to. I think he will either be in prison by this time next year, or forced to take a plea deal to stay out of it. I don't even think anymore they're trying to get him the nomination, because they think they can beat him. Maybe it started there, but these people can't restrain themselves. They just want to punish Trump for daring to be our voice. Heck, the DC gulag I've been warning about for a year is trying to have him convicted by Super Tuesday. I think they just want to imprison him, by hook or by crook.  ...

https://twitter.com/SteveDeaceShow/status/1690359019603443712
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2023, 03:12:05 pm »
True

I just simply outlined why many of us are going to be supporting Ron DeSantis in the primary. And should he win the primary and go on to win the presidency, well, let’s hope he doesn’t become a let down

Nothing personal against Donald Trump as he hasn’t done anything to me or my loved ones. It’s just political, not personal

:thumbsup:

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2023, 03:44:00 pm »

DeSantis ‘Proud’ to Receive Endorsement from Steve Deace, Who Wanted Hillary to Beat Trump.
National Pulse, Aug 12, 2023

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has accepted an endorsement that most Republican candidates might try to downplay or even outright avoid – Iowa Evangelical talk-radio host Steve Deace, who openly attempted to lose Republicans the 2016 election, paving the way for a Hillary Clinton America.

During the 2016 Republican presidential primary, Deace began as an early backer of U.S. Senator Ted Cruz (R-Tx). When the Cruz campaign – run by Jeff Roe who is now the top political guru for Team DeSantis – failed to defeat the eventual Republican nominee and 2016 presidential winner Donald Trump, Deace openly opposed Trump’s general election campaign, going so far as to say that between Trump and Hillary Clinton, “I don’t really care who wins.”

Following Trump securing the Republican nomination for President in 2016, Deace declared that he was leaving the Republican Party and joining the NeverTrump movement.

Right before the November 2016 presidential election Deace encouraged Utah voters to support former CIA spook, Deep State defender, and third party candidate Evan McMullin for President.

Republicans voting for third parties over Trump would certainly have handed Hillary Clinton the White House.

https://thenationalpulse.com/2023/08/12/desantis-proud-to-receive-endorsement-from-steve-deace-who-wanted-hillary-to-beat-trump/

« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 03:46:37 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online libertybele

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2023, 04:01:53 pm »

https://twitter.com/SteveDeaceShow/status/1690359019603443712

My feelings exactly; he isn't going to be the nominee. If anyone doesn't see it, Trump has electability issues. They leftists/marxists are never going to allow it. IMHO once they have prevented Trump from running they'll come after DeSantis, if Trump hasn't destroyed him for them.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 04:04:07 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2023, 04:04:34 pm »
My feelings exactly; he isn't going to be the nominee. If anyone doesn't see it, Trump has electability issues. They leftists/marxists are never going to allow it. IMHO once they have prevented Trump from running they'll come after DeSantis, if Trump hasn't destroyed him for them.

They want him to be the nominee, because they know he cannot win the general election.

Online libertybele

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2023, 04:05:38 pm »
They want him to be the nominee, because they know he cannot win the general election.

?? If they wanted him to be the nominee, they wouldn't continue to indict him.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2023, 07:09:35 pm »
I believe every single one of the criminal actions against Trump is utter BS. That doesn't make him a more attractive candidate.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2023, 07:11:44 pm »
I believe every single one of the criminal actions against Trump is utter BS. That doesn't make him a more attractive candidate.

:amen:, on both counts.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2023, 04:16:49 pm »
?? If they wanted him to be the nominee, they wouldn't continue to indict him.

Why not?  Each time they indict him, he gets a boost in the GOP primary polling.

Seriously, how does one guarantee that people prone to conspiracy theories will go for something?  Make a conspiracy theory out of it.  So-called MAGA is being suckered big time by the left, who have their number, and who also realize the the voters who will decide the general election - the so-called moderates, who will vote, but who aren't committed to a candidate right now, get more and more turned off every time Trump opens his big fat mouth.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 04:19:20 pm by Kamaji »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2023, 05:03:13 pm »
Why not?  Each time they indict him, he gets a boost in the GOP primary polling.

Seriously, how does one guarantee that people prone to conspiracy theories will go for something?  Make a conspiracy theory out of it.  So-called MAGA is being suckered big time by the left, who have their number, and who also realize the the voters who will decide the general election - the so-called moderates, who will vote, but who aren't committed to a candidate right now, get more and more turned off every time Trump opens his big fat mouth.

And of course, there are all the Trumpers who insist that we all must support Trump precisely because of the indictments.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2023, 05:10:19 pm »
And of course, there are all the Trumpers who insist that we all must support Trump precisely because of the indictments.

Exactly.

Online libertybele

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2023, 05:13:30 pm »

Amen!! 

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2023, 05:58:04 pm »

How about defending the rule of equal justice, free and fair elections, and joining with your fellow citizens building an impenetrable wall with their political voices against the fascist takeover of our government.  Do you find any of this attractive?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2023, 09:32:38 pm »
How about defending the rule of equal justice, free and fair elections, and joining with your fellow citizens building an impenetrable wall with their political voices against the fascist takeover of our government.  Do you find any of this attractive?
Sure. Those actions have nothing to do with Mr. Trump, however.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2023, 09:41:55 pm »
I don't think Trump even believes in any of that except to the extent it may benefit him in a given moment.

And I'm not so sure he's got much of a problem with fascism, either.  Just with someone other than him being the head fascist in charge.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 09:49:21 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2023, 09:44:09 pm »

They have everything to do with President Trump.  We both know it.