Author Topic: NYC parents fear migrant surge in schools: ‘This situation is horrible’  (Read 278 times)

Offline Kamaji

NYC parents fear migrant surge in schools: ‘This situation is horrible’

By Georgett Roberts, Desheania Andrews, Bernadette Hogan and Jesse O’Neill
August 9, 2023

Manhattan parents were concerned about overcrowding in their children’s already strained schools a day after City Hall warned of an influx of “thousands” of migrants in New York City public schools.

“The kids that are already there are crammed…… It was 28 kids in my daughter’s classroom last year, and that was the second grade. I’m worried that this year it could be 30-plus, you know, 40,” said Maria Blanco, a Chelsea elementary school parent.

Some 18,500 children in the city’s shelter system are enrolled in public schools for the upcoming year, but in addition to migrants, that figure also includes homeless children, according to the city.

It does not account for asylum-seeking kids who have not yet registered for school – a number which will grow sharply in the coming weeks amid a “very large” expected influx, officials warned Tuesday.

Many migrant families are being housed in the heart of Manhattan, which has resulted in the borough’s Community Education Council District 2 seeing about 1,200 migrant kids in its roughly 40 schools which span from the Battery to the Upper East Side, according to CED 2 leaders.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/09/nyc-parents-fear-migrant-surge-in-schools-this-situation-is-horrible/

Offline Kamaji

Y'all voted for it.  You made your bed, now lie in it.

Offline PeteS in CA

The transition from empty virtue-signalling to walking the talk isn't going smoothly?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Maybe NYC no longer has the capacity and resources to continue to be a Sanctuary City.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline DB

The schools lost a lot of kids/money because of the teacher's union actions on COVID and indoctrinating kids about sex choices.

They desperately need new kids to fill those losses - and this provides it - to keep the money flowing.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Don't forget all the Spanish-speaking teachers they have to find and hire.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!