Author Topic: Climate change causes another year of record highest ever coral cover on Earth’s largest reef  (Read 159 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate change causes another year of record highest ever coral cover on Earth’s largest reef
By Jo Nova

Whatever you do, don’t let the punters know the corals aren’t collapsing.

Last year, the Great Barrier Reef had blockbuster levels of coral cover, and this year it’s the same, even though global carbon dioxide levels rose 1%, and China probably installed another 100 coal fired plants. The corals, apparently, don’t care.

The Australian Institute of Marine Science (AIMS) issued a press release, calling this repeat record a “pause”.

“A pause in recent coral recovery across most of the Great Barrier Reef” — AIMS
Last year only 3% of Australians knew the Great Barrier Reef was in record good health, and AIMS seemingly wants to keep it that way.

If this survey showed the reef was in record poor cover for a second year, would they call it a pause in recent damage? The lies-by-omission are still lies. AIMS is deceiving the taxpayers who pay for AIMS.

https://joannenova.com.au/2023/08/climate-change-causes-another-year-of-record-highest-ever-coral-cover-on-earths-largest-reef/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson