Author Topic: Will Biden and the U.N. Declare a ‘Climate Emergency’? Looks like it.  (Read 283 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Will Biden and the U.N. Declare a ‘Climate Emergency’? Looks like it.
2 hours ago Anthony Watts 10 Comments

I’ve covered this topic before: ClimateTV: UN Plans ‘Climate Power Grab’ Over U.S. The Heartland Institute’s Justin Haskins wrote a stunning op-ed in The Federalist, revealing the behind the scenes planning:  The U.N. Is Planning To Seize Global ‘Emergency’ Powers With Biden’s Support.

Yesterday, there was this story: Biden says he has ‘practically’ declared a climate emergency. With this note from Bloomberg.com “President Joe Biden said he had basically declared a national climate emergency, stopping short of demands by progressive lawmakers and activists for a formal declaration.”

And, the UN now has a “climate emergency” page here.

Based on the chatter and data I see, it looks like the formal declaration of a “Climate Emergency” will come around Tuesday August 15. On that day, it is likely that NOAA will release new figures from GHCN and other temperature datasets, and these new record high numbers will be used as justification for the declaration. And then, all hell breaks loose.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/08/10/will-biden-and-the-u-n-declare-a-climate-emergency-looks-like-it/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, shucks. I guess they couldn't get the new variant of pandemic germ ready in time...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Will we be forced to wear masks and social distance?

Offline LMAO

Will we be forced to wear masks and social distance?

It means the standard of living that you currently enjoy would be restricted. But not for the rule makers.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy