Author Topic: ‘Trans Man’ Didn’t Know She Was Pregnant, Loses Unborn Child in Irreversible Trans Surgery  (Read 265 times)

Offline Kamaji

‘Trans Man’ Didn’t Know She Was Pregnant, Loses Unborn Child in Irreversible Trans Surgery

Madeline Leesman
August 09, 2023

A female who identifies as a transgender man reportedly lost a baby during a hysterectomy procedure because she did not know she was pregnant, according to a report from the Daily Mail.

The transgender person, Jesse Pohlner, 28, was four months pregnant when she underwent a full hysterectomy at Royal Women’s Hospital in Melbourne, Australia in 2021. In the surgery, Pohlner had her uterus and ovaries removed. The operation had been confirmed ten days prior.

Pohler found out that she was in the second trimester of pregnancy and told reporters that “there was no pregnancy test performed.”

“I would call it hospital negligence, their policy was to blame. The policy let my doctors down, they couldn't perform their best work,” Pohler reportedly said. The night before the operation, a nurse reportedly used a chart and asked her a series of “yes or no” questions and ruled that a pregnancy test wasn’t required.

What was scheduled to be a three-hour surgery with a one-night stay in the hospital turned into a nine-hour surgery and a week in intensive care, Daily Mail noted.

Pohler claimed: “We had no signs that I was pregnant. I thought I was having reflux and it turned out that it was morning sickness.”

Kellie-Jay Keen, a women’s rights activist, pointed out on Twitter that the transgender “lunacy” leads to “real harm.”

Source:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/madelineleesman/2023/08/09/transgender-person-loses-baby-in-surgery-wasnt-given-pregnancy-test-beforehand-n2626804