Author Topic: Man killed during FBI raid in connection with threats against Biden, other officials  (Read 2585 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Man killed during FBI raid in connection with threats against Biden, other officials

Craig Robertson was shot and killed during an FBI raid early Wednesday morning.
ByJosh Margolin, Alex Stone, Jenny Wagnon Courts, and Meredith Deliso
August 9, 2023, 2:09 PM

A Utah man was shot and killed during an FBI raid early Wednesday morning, the FBI confirmed to ABC News. The raid was in connection with an investigation into alleged threats against President Joe Biden and others, according to two officials briefed on the case.

One of the officials told ABC News that the investigation began in April and the U.S. Secret Service was notified by the FBI in June. In addition to threatening posts, the official said, the man under investigation suggested online he was making plans to take physical action. The threats had been deemed "credible," the official said.

The FBI in Salt Lake City said the shooting occurred around 6:15 am. local time while special agents attempted to serve arrest and search warrants at a residence in Provo.

"The FBI takes all shooting incidents involving our agents or task force members seriously," the FBI said in a statement. "In accordance with FBI policy, the shooting incident is under review by the FBI's Inspection Division. As this is an ongoing matter, we have no further details to provide."

The deceased suspect was Craig Robertson, according to multiple sources and a federal complaint obtained by ABC News.

Robertson was facing three counts, according to the complaint -- interstate threats, threats against the president, and influencing, impeding and retaliating against federal law enforcement officers by threat.

more
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/man-killed-fbi-raid-connection-threats-biden-officials/story?id=102138966
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

The threats had been deemed "credible," the official said.
Maybe. He clearly was a nut. But a threat? Hard to say.

This supposedly is Robertson.

The criminal complaint: https://www.scribd.com/document/664023372/223mj722-Robertson-Complaint-FINAL-v-1-Redacted-Updated#from_embed
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 08:04:45 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

He reportedly was 75.
... Eyewitnesses reported that the FBI team approached the victim’s home and attempted entry. Initially, they tried to gain access through the door using a battering ram. Unsuccessful in that attempt, they subsequently utilized a vehicle-mounted ram to enter via the front window. During the course of their entry, gunshots were heard and the victim was shot. His body was subsequently removed from the house by law enforcement officers and placed on the sidewalk.

In his late 70s, the elderly man had been a long-time resident of Provo. A retired weld inspector, he shared his home with his disabled adult son, who he cared for. The circumstances leading up to the operation remain unclear.

Upon review of the victim’s Facebook, it appears he was making violent threats toward President Biden in light of his upcoming visit to Utah. It is believed this may have been the reason for the search.  ...
https://thecougarchronicle.com/breaking-elderly-provo-man-killed-in-home-raid-by-law-enforcement-the-coug-chron/?fbclid=IwAR1ALMrRfD4TMYhwo-ijfkyMW8j3ZeSfJvm99wio7DX_XOWY-hweOZEU7j4
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 08:10:52 pm by mountaineer »

Offline mountaineer

Courageous FBI agents use vehicle-mounted ram to smash into elderly man’s house at 6:15 a.m., and shoot the man to death. The apparent reason: A threatening Facebook post.

https://twitter.com/JMichaelWaller/status/1689352468147150848

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump supporter shot dead in FBI raid linked to threats against Biden, top Dems
By Snejana Farberov   
August 9, 2023 4:20pm

A Utah man was shot and killed by FBI agents during a Wednesday morning raid linked to assassination threats against President Biden and other top Democrats, including Vice President Kamala Harris and Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg.

The deadly shooting occurred in Provo around 6:15 a.m., when the feds tried to serve arrest and search warrants at a home, the FBI office in Salt Lake City told The Post in a statement.

A federal complaint obtained by The Post from the Utah US Attorney’s office identified the suspect at the center of the probe that prompted Wednesday’s raid as 75-year-old Craig Robertson.

An agency spokesperson confirmed that one person struck by gunfire had died, but she did not share any further details about the “agent-involved shooting.”

“The FBI takes all shooting incidents involving our agents or task force members seriously,” the statement read.

“In accordance with FBI policy, the shooting incident is under review by the FBI’s Inspection Division.”

Robertson — who described himself in his social media posts as a “MAGA TRUMPER” — was facing counts of interstate threats, a threat against the president and influencing, impeding and retaliating against federal law enforcement officers by threat.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/08/09/man-killed-during-fbi-raid-linked-to-threats-against-biden/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
“I hear Biden is coming to Utah,” Robertson wrote Sunday.

Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

How we know he was nuts: he expressed thoughts like these on social media. Best to keep it to yourself, bud.

Deseret News:
... A man who neighbors described as being about 80 years old with limited mobility and whose frequent politically charged social media posts included threats toward President Joe Biden is dead after FBI agents attempted to serve a search warrant at his Provo home, hours ahead of the president’s arrival in Utah.

Neighbors confirmed to the Deseret News the man killed was Craig Robertson, saying he is an overweight man who walks with a cane.  ...

Cooper Robinson, who lives in the neighborhood, told the Deseret News he was walking his dog early in the morning when he saw several unmarked vehicles, including an armored truck, block the street.  ...

Robinson: "... I’m just hoping that the FBI has some more evidence besides Facebook posts to want to raid his house like they did.”  ...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 09:46:08 pm by mountaineer »

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/man-killed-fbi-raid-connection-threats-biden-officials/story?id=102138966

A Utah man was shot and killed during an FBI raid early Wednesday morning, the FBI confirmed to ABC News. The raid was in connection with an investigation into alleged threats against President Joe Biden and others, according to two officials briefed on the case.

The FBI in Salt Lake City said the shooting occurred around 6:15 am. local time while special agents attempted to serve arrest and search warrants at a residence in Provo.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

The old No Knock early AM raid.  They murdered the guy. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

Neighbors say the man was 300 lbs or so, and could barely walk. It's possible that he grabbed a weapon when a few dozen LEOs set off a flashbang and  started breaking down his door at 6 a.m.- as the cops would have expected him to react. I suspect they really weren't planning on taking him into custody. 

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Neighbors say the man was 300 lbs or so, and could barely walk. It's possible that he grabbed a weapon when a few dozen LEOs set off a flashbang and  started breaking down his door at 6 a.m.- as the cops would have expected him to react. I suspect they really weren't planning on taking him into custody.

My take on it also.   The FBI executed the guy.  It is what we get with the current nazi wing of the FBI.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

The article said he took care of his adult disabled son.

Have to wonder how disabled he was if he could care for his son.

Anyway, that disabled son thing makes me feel horrible.  Poor guy.  Who will help him now?  Maybe dad should’ve thought more of that before even publicly mouthing off.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Deseret News:

FTA:

Cooper Robinson, who lives in the neighborhood, told the Deseret News he was walking his dog early in the morning when he saw several unmarked vehicles, including an armored truck, block the street. He said he could hear agents yelling, “Craig Robertson, please come out with your hands up,” several times, as well as what sounded like “three or four flashbang grenades.”

After some time, Robinson said he heard “shouting and some yelling, I couldn’t pick out what they were saying. But at some point I did hear five shots fired.”

Robinson said he couldn’t tell whether there was an exchange of gunfire between the FBI and the suspect. “I just heard the five shots.”

Nyla Rollins, who lives near Robertson, initially thought his house was on fire when she saw the law enforcement response. When she went outside, members of a SWAT team told her to go back in her house. She estimated there were 50 agents there.

"They called for my neighbor … to come out. And he’s like, ‘I’m not coming out (expletive).’ And then I didn’t hear anything after that,” Rollins said.

She said the SWAT team, who had been searching with guns drawn, went through his back door with a battering ram and stayed for hours.

Offline American Girl

They contacted him in March in his front yard, walking with a cane, and waited 5 months to raid him

We the People need to make certain that Biden is arrested and held accountable for his crimes.

The FBI also needs to be held accountable.

https://www.usasupreme.com/brand-new-video-captured-by-neighbor-shows-fbis-encounter-with-man-who-threatened-biden-this-appears-more-like-an-execution-than-an-arrest/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"BREAKING: A neighbor recorded and released a video of the FBI raid on 74-year-old Craig Deleeuw Robertson while serving warrants at 6:15am in Provo, Utah  Robertson was shot and killed in the encounter" (Video)

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1689635453677563905

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The article said he took care of his adult disabled son.

Have to wonder how disabled he was if he could care for his son.

Anyway, that disabled son thing makes me feel horrible.  Poor guy.  Who will help him now?  Maybe dad should’ve thought more of that before even publicly mouthing off.
Less disabled than the son. That doesn't make him athletic material, just means he could get around or function better mentally.

It's pretty foolish to invite this sort of crap by posting threats, if he did so.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 06:45:20 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

This, from https://www.deseret.com/2023/8/9/23826780/witnesses-fbi-kill-utah-man-threats-biden-social-media , gives some context as to why the Feds moved from watching the guy to a raid:

Neighbors say Robertson was shot and killed between 6 and 6:30 a.m. Wednesday as the FBI carried out a raid related to his social media posts where he made threats to President Joe Biden and other Democrats. Not long after the shooting, Biden arrived in Utah as part of a tour of Western states.

Robertson had been under FBI surveillance for a number of months, according to a federal criminal complaint filed Tuesday. He was charged with making interstate threats, making threats against federal law enforcement and making threats against the president.

“I hear Biden is coming to Utah. Digging out my old ghille suit and cleaning the dust off the m24 sniper rifle. Welcom, buffoon-in-chief!” Robertson wrote on social media.

* Whether this made it necessary to carry out a raid instead of watching him 24x7 and only acting if he came within several miles of President Biden needs to be answered. AFAIK, protecting the President does not require raiding a guy's home when the guy is miles from the President and not very mobile (something the Feds would know, having "surveilled (him) for a number of months".

* What made it necessary to forcibly enter his home? Wouldn't keeping him trapped inside have sufficed?

* What forced the Feds to try to batter down his door, and when that failed, use "a breaching vehicle" to smash and enter through his window?

* IF the guy fired a shot, when? At the stage of Feds shouting at him at from his front yard? At the stage of the Feds trying to batter down his door? At the stage of the Feds using "a breaching vehicle" to smash and enter through his window? If it was at one of the latter two stages, the Feds better have very good reasons for the action(s) that set off the dead guy. And if the guy did not shoot, but the first shot came from a nervous or trigger-happy Fed and was mistaken for a shot by the now-dead guy ...

Robertson seem to have been a nutjob, but the Feds have handled nutjobs slinging threats at Presidents multiple times in the past 4 or 5 decades. AFAIK, they never went to the extent of battering down doors and bashing in windows. There may be adequate reasons for all of the above, but the Feds have a bunch of 'splainin' to do.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
What was his username on FreeRepublic?

Offline mountaineer

They knew fully well he was a nut and not an actual threat. They didn't care. They executed this guy and left his body lying in the street - perhaps as a warning.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 01:38:58 am by mountaineer »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
It took 18 posts until somebody got it right (mountaineer).

This was a "send 'em a message" action...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
They knew fully well he was a nut and not an actual threat. They didn't care. They executed this guy him and left his body lying in the street - perhaps as a warning.

:bingo:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Truth Social Informed FBI About Man Killed During Arrest Attempt for Threatening Joe Biden

Truth Social informed the FBI in March about threats made by a Utah man who was killed by FBI agents on Wednesday as they tried to execute search and arrest warrants for threatening President Joe Biden.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/10/truth-social-informed-fbi-man-killed-arrest-attempt-threatening-joe-biden/
Support the USO

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
“I hear Biden is coming to Utah,” Robertson wrote Sunday.

. He was beyond a dumbass to post something like that.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
. He was beyond a dumbass to post something like that.
I agree. The guy was dangerous and a ticking bomb.
Also, I agree that if he had posted this on some MSDNC far left website naming Trump as the target, nothing would have happened. In fact he would be celebrated instead of shot dead.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.