Author Topic: Cook shortage at Army post shutters some mess halls, leaving hungry soldiers scrambling: report  (Read 535 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 August 9, 2023 12:26pm EDT
Cook shortage at Army post shutters some mess halls, leaving hungry soldiers scrambling: report
Fort Cavazos, previously known as Fort Hood, is facing a shortage of Army cooks
By Michael Lee | Fox News

An Army installation in Texas has been struggling to put food on the table for its soldiers for months as the base faces a shortage of cooks to staff its dining facilities.

Fort Cavazos, Texas, previously known as Fort Hood, has struggled to provide its junior enlisted troops with meals for months, with the base only opening two of its 10 major dining facilities for much of the summer and with limited times, according to a report Tuesday from Military.com.

According to the report, the base has faced a shortage of cooks to man the dining facilities around base, with many Army cooks either on deployment or away on field training. Soldiers who depend on the dining facilities to eat have also faced confusing and conflicting opening schedules for the facilities as base officials attempt to move personnel around to staff the food service buildings.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/cook-shortage-army-post-shutters-some-mess-halls-leaving-hungry-soldiers-scrambling-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
THIS IS DESPICABLE!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Plenty of medal-laden fools like Milley, but no cooks. Pathetic.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
THIS IS DESPICABLE!

Maybe if all those who got canned for refusing vaccines were still there no cook shortage would exist.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't get it. When I was in the army,and AFAIK,going back to Revolutionary War times,"Cook" was an army MOS,just like mechanic,infantryman,medic,truck driver,etc,etc,etc.

And it wasn't optional. If you were assigned to go to "cook school" after basic training,being a cook was your official army job.

If there is a shortage of cooks,it is the army brass that is at fault.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online LMAO

What a military under Biden

We can teach troops about “white rage,” but we can’t feed them
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Army Can't Feed Its Soldiers Stationed at Texas' Ft. Cavazos—And That's Not the Only Problem There
By Jim Thompson | 6:03 PM on August 09, 2023The opinions expressed by contributors are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of RedState.com.

The Army Can't Feed Its Soldiers Stationed at Texas' Ft. Cavazos—And That's Not the Only Problem There

Things at Fort Cavazos are not optimal.

Cavazos (formerly Fort Hood) is located not far from Killeen, Texas, and is the home to the Army’s 1st Cavalry Division, with over 34,5000 uniformed personnel and 48,500 family members. It is a city unto itself. And it can’t feed its residents.

The Military Times reported that the sprawling base had only two of its 10 major dining options open every day for junior enlisted personnel. While the hot Texas summer rolled through central Texas, the base wasn’t able to provide its men and women in uniform with convenient dining, leaving thousands to spend an hour on the road traveling to and from a dining hall just to eat.

Although many enlisted have cars, many do not. Those who do not have a private car or could carpool with mates were left to find transportation via shuttle. Shuttles were available. Just one problem – that information wasn’t generally knowns to hungry soldiers. Many of the enlisted interviewed by The Military Times were not aware of the shuttle service. The publication reported:

https://redstate.com/jimthompson/2023/08/09/the-army-cant-feed-its-soldiers-stationed-at-texas-ft-cavazos-and-thats-isnt-the-only-problem-there-n790138
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If it were a shelter for illegals, all hell would be breaking loose! :taz:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline berdie

If it were a shelter for illegals, all hell would be breaking loose! :taz:

Absolutely. Not feeding the military is all kinda wrong.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I see "opportunity" here for enterprising food-truck owners...

Offline Mod2

Merged threads