Author Topic: Liddle’ Adam Schiff now wants us to pay for doggie daycare with his new PETSAFE Act  (Read 283 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
August 9, 2023
Liddle’ Adam Schiff now wants us to pay for doggie daycare with his new PETSAFE Act
By Olivia Murray

Irish writer Jonathan Swift purportedly said, “all government without the consent of the governed is the very definition of slavery” so I’m demanding reparations, because I certainly do not consent to be “governed” by this gang of thieves—I’ll also settle for a 1789 reset.

Yesterday, Adam Schiff’s office issued a press release to boast about the House member’s newest (and maybe most asinine ever) legislative proposal, the PETSAFE Act. From the text:

The bipartisan PETSAFE Act would establish a pilot grant program for mobile pet shelters for use during emergencies and major disasters — helping pet owners temporarily shelter their pets during evacuations, providing transportation to safe locations, and reuniting pets with owners post-evacuation.

(RINO alert for the Floridian readers here: the “bipartisan” support comes from your own Republican congressman Brian Mast, so it sounds like a primary challenger is in order.)

What these legislators are proposing is literally taxpayer-funded doggie daycare; read what Schiff said below:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/08/liddle_adam_schiff_now_wants_us_to_pay_for_doggie_daycare_with_his_new_petsafe_act.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Sumbodie ko-rect me ifn ah am wroang,but doan we alredie have this?

Evirytime I see disasture re-ports on mah teebee,ah see animules bein rescuid and takin ta shelturs.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

Offline berdie

I'll go against the grain here...lots of people won't evacuate without their pet. So if there is a place to put them, I don't find it to be a bad thing. I don't know about government funding...but it might take people out of harms way. Usually this service is provided by local animal shelters.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Not a fan, save the funds to save human life, let the animals fend for themselves.

If that makes me cold and heartless so be it. Human life > animals.

Now days, some homes have dozens of animals... If they want animal insurance, then let them purchase it.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 10:05:48 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....