Author Topic: Joe Biden Needs To Stop Lying To Gold Star Families That His Son Died In Iraq  (Read 167 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Needs To Stop Telling Gold Star Families Beau Died In Iraq
Elle Purnell

Two years after a suicide bombing in Kabul took the lives of 13 American service members during the Biden administration’s botched withdrawal from Afghanistan, the mother of 20-year-old Marine Lance Cpl. Dylan Merola, who was killed in the attack, blasted the president for falsely claiming to “know how” it felt to lose a child in combat.

“His words to me were, ‘My wife, Jill, and I know how you feel. We lost our son as well and brought him home in a flag-draped coffin,'” Cheryl Rex recalled. “My heart started beating faster and I started shaking, knowing that their son died from cancer and they were able to be by his side — also wondering how someone could honestly be so heartless to say he knew how I felt a little over 24 hours [after] learning of my son’s death.”

A few days prior, Marine Sgt. Tyler Vargas-Andrews, who was injured in the same attack that killed Merola, recounted Biden’s “weird” visit as he was recovering in the hospital.

Vargas-Andrews had lost his right arm in the attack and his left arm was in a cast, but Biden still tried to shake his hand for the cameras, he recalled. Then, Vargas-Andrews added, Biden “almost immediately starts talking about how their son served in the military, doesn’t say anything about what happened,” before leaning in to bizarrely ask the bedridden veteran, “What do you want?”

Beau Biden, the president’s oldest son, died of brain cancer in 2015 at age 46. He deployed to Iraq with the Deleware National Guard in 2008, before going on to serve a second term as Delaware attorney general from 2011 to 2015. He suffered what doctors diagnosed as a “mild stroke” in 2010, and an “episode of disorientation and weakness” in 2013 led to an operation to remove “a small lesion from his brain.” After two years of remission, he succumbed to cancer at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Maryland surrounded by family.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2023/08/09/joe-biden-needs-to-stop-lying-to-gold-star-families-that-his-son-died-in-iraq/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34