Author Topic: Trump Claims Fulton County DA Fani Willis had an Affair with the Head of a Criminal Gang  (Read 1817 times)

Online cato potatoe

Trump claims Fulton County DA Fani Willis had an AFFAIR with the head of a criminal gang ahead of probable fourth indictment in Georgia he says will secure his 2024 win
By MORGAN PHILLIPS, U.S. POLITICAL REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

Donald Trump claimed the Fulton County district attorney who is expected to slap him with a fourth indictment soon is having an affair with a gang member in a wild tirade in New Hampshire on Tuesday.

'They say there's a young woman, a young racist, in Atlanta, and they say, I guess, they say she was after a certain gang, she ended up having an affair with the head of the gang or a gang member,' Trump claimed, referring to Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis.

'This is a person who wants to indict me. She's got a lot of problems but she wants to indict me to try and run for some other office,' the former president went on at a campaign event in New Hampshire, 'wants to indict me for a perfect phone call. This is even better than my perfect phone call with Ukraine,' he added, referring to his call with Sec. of State Brad Raffensperger.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12386623/Trump-claims-Fulton-County-DA-Fani-Willis-AFFAIR-head-criminal-gang-ahead-probable-fourth-indictment-Georgia-says-secure-2024-win.html

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I hope Trump has some proof, I don't know how much of a defense it is to say 'I didn't make an accusation, I was just repeating hearsay bullshit I heard' **nononono* Now what other little insulting names will he give to the DA and then whine about being treated unfairly. Yeah Trumps being targeted but he loses sympathy by acting like a three year old having a tantrum and using grade school insults and taunts.

Offline corbe

They say, They say it sounds like anonymous sources from MSM, which he hates and deplores.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

Get ready for the next libel suit against Mr. Trump.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@cato potatoe

Even if proof is found,HOW will this help him in any  way?

AH am no lawyur,and doan eben play wun on teebee,but ah doan see dis being aloud ta be entured inda court rekords.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I hope Trump has some proof, I don't know how much of a defense it is to say 'I didn't make an accusation, I was just repeating hearsay bullshit I heard' **nononono* Now what other little insulting names will he give to the DA and then whine about being treated unfairly. Yeah Trumps being targeted but he loses sympathy by acting like a three year old having a tantrum and using grade school insults and taunts.

@GtHawk

He needs to save this stuff for the courtroom,and have his lawyer figure out a way to make it relevent. IF he does that,it is a MAJOR "score".

The media is NOT on his side and is NOT going to publish  ANYTHING favorable to his case,but they pretty much HAVE to publish what they  see and hear that is brought up in court,before the presiding judge.

THAT is where he needs to score "points" now.

Online cato potatoe

Even if proof is found,HOW will this help him in any  way?

AH am no lawyur,and doan eben play wun on teebee,but ah doan see dis being aloud ta be entured inda court rekords.

She is a drama queen, and people should be skeptical of her motives, but I don't see what rumor mongering does other than to antagonize the jury pool.  If Trump has proof of racial bias or unethical behavior, he might as well share it with us now.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I hope Trump has some proof, I don't know how much of a defense it is to say 'I didn't make an accusation, I was just repeating hearsay bullshit I heard....

It's no defense at all.  Under defamation law, those who "republish" (legal term for "repeating publicly") a defamatory statement are fully liable.   

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
She is a drama queen, and people should be skeptical of her motives, but I don't see what rumor mongering does other than to antagonize the jury pool.  If Trump has proof of racial bias or unethical behavior, he might as well share it with us now.

@cato potatoe

He should have shared it with us when he made the accusations.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It's no defense at all.  Under defamation law, those who "republish" (legal term for "repeating publicly") a defamatory statement are fully liable.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Correct me if I am wrong,but  IF she claims that and/or files suit over it,doesn't she have to prove the charges are bogus?

It ain't slander if you  are telling the truth.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

@Maj. Bill Martin

Correct me if I am wrong,but  IF she claims that and/or files suit over it, doesn't she have to prove the charges are bogus?

It ain't slander if you  are telling the truth.

No.  Burden of proof is reversed.  If you say that someone did something nasty, they can deny it, sue you, and then the burden is on you to prove that what you said is true.   It has to be that way because of the relative impossibility of proving a negative.

So if Trump said it, he'd better have some backup or he could find himself being sued for defamation.

Offline LMAO

No.  Burden of proof is reversed.  If you say that someone did something nasty, they can deny it, sue you, and then the burden is on you to prove that what you said is true.   It has to be that way because of the relative impossibility of proving a negative.

So if Trump said it, he'd better have some backup or he could find himself being sued for defamation.

It’s funny because I have a sister who’s a lawyer, and she said exactly what you said. She can come back and sue him should she so chose

He needs to start listening to his attorneys and quit thinking he knows more than they do

The burden of proof is always on the accuser. And that standard also applies to these prosecutors going after Trump.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Maj. Bill Martin

Thanks,I  think.

Offline Kamaji

It's generally no defense at all that one repeats (i.e., "republishes") slander one heard.  On the other hand, just because one says "I heard X about Y" doesn't mean that one can't be found to have made up the slander one's self, and just attempted to couch it in terms of repeating what someone else said.

Furthermore, given the context, even though the DA is a public person in this situation, it would probably not be difficult for a jury to find that the statement was made with actual malice, and therefore was actionable even though the DA is a public person (public persons get less protection from the libel/slander laws than private persons).

Offline LMAO

Furthermore, given the context, even though the DA is a public person in this situation, it would probably not be difficult for a jury to find that the statement was made with actual malice, and therefore was actionable even though the DA is a public person (public persons get less protection from the libel/slander laws than private persons).

And the case could be made that he threw that out there in an attempt to intimidate the prosecutor. The only people that should be attacking the credibility of the DA is Donald Trump’s defense team.

This was really really stupid
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 09:44:21 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline berdie

Get ready for the next libel suit against Mr. Trump.

I think that as well.

Offline berdie

They say, They say it sounds like anonymous sources from MSM, which he hates and deplores.

In my next life...I am coming back as "they". :laugh:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

It’s funny because I have a sister who’s a lawyer, and she said exactly what you said. She can come back and sue him should she so chose

The statute of limitations for defamation tends to be pretty short -- in Ohio its one year.  The reason that matters is that I don't think she would want to file a defamation action while prosecuting a case against Trump.  At least not while the charging decision is pending.  So my guess is that she waits before filing...unless it is actually true, in which case she won't.

Offline berdie

So what if she did? How does that change things?

Offline LMAO

So what if she did? How does that change things?

If this DA going after Trump has any credibility issues or if it’s clear she has an open hostility and bias against Donald Trump that case needs to be made and challenged by Donald Trump’s attorneys and not him posting to his followers on his TruthSocial site

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

If this DA going after Trump has any credibility issues or if it’s clear she has an open hostility and bias against Donald Trump that case needs to be made and challenged by Donald Trump’s attorneys and not him posting to his followers on his TruthSocial site.

They already tried to get rid of her, and failed.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/judge-rejects-trumps-bid-disqualify-georgia-prosecutor-probing-him-filing-2023-07-31/

Personally, I don't doubt in the least that she is biased against Trump.  But this gang leader sex thing from Trump was just stupid.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 12:28:02 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline DB

Hey, "some people say that Cruz's dad was involved with the assignation of JFK"...

That's how he rolls...

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Hey, "some people say that Cruz's dad was involved with the assignation of JFK"...

That's how he rolls...
Just like a Troll, or a Master Baiter(NO not that! there's a space between.) chumming the waters hoping the faithful will erupt in a feeding frenzy to provide him the attention he needs to live.

Offline Kamaji

That's how he rolls...

Exactly.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Serious question.

Ted Cruz is NOT running and is not going to run,so why try to drag him through this crap?