Author Topic: Donald Trump indicted: Secret memo outlined former president's strategy to overturn 2020 election  (Read 528 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Donald Trump indicted: Secret memo outlined former president's strategy to overturn 2020 election
by Christian Datoc, White House Reporter |
August 09, 2023 09:16 AM

A previously secret memo uncovered by special counsel Jack Smith's Jan. 6 investigation outlined a pathway for former President Donald Trump to overturn the 2020 general election using "fake electors."

The memo was reported last week when Trump was indicted on four charges relating to his behavior leading up to the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, but the New York Times obtained a copy of the memo, authored by Trump-affiliated lawyer Kenneth Chesebro, on Tuesday night.

Chesebro wrote in the memo, referred to by federal prosecutors as the "fraudulent elector memo," that the strategy to convene a set of alternate electors would "likely" be rejected by the Supreme Court.

Still, Chesebro argued that even if the plan were thrown out in court, it would "buy the Trump campaign more time to win litigation that would deprive Biden of electoral votes and/or add to Trump's column."

"I recognize that what I suggest is a bold, controversial strategy, and that there are many reasons why it might not end up being executed on Jan. 6," Chesebro wrote. "But as long as it is one possible option, to preserve it as a possibility it is important that the Trump-Pence electors cast their electoral votes on Dec. 14."

"I believe that what can be achieved on Jan. 6 is not simply to keep Biden below 270 electoral votes," he continued. "It seems feasible that the vote count can be conducted so that at no point will Trump be behind in the electoral vote count unless and until Biden can obtain a favorable decision from the Supreme Court upholding the Electoral Count Act as constitutional, or otherwise recognizing the power of Congress (and not the president of the Senate) to count the votes."

The memo specifically cites Harvard Law School professor Laurence Tribe, an outspoken supporter of President Joe Biden, in rationalizing the strategy. Chesebro worked with Tribe to represent former Vice President Al Gore during the 2000 general election cycle.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/donald-trump-secret-memo-strategy-overturn-2020-election
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
So was this 'Trumps' secret strategy or a possible strategy presented to Trump by someone else? I seriously doubt, considering Trump obviously has no clue as to how our government works could put together anything remotely resembling this strategy.

Offline Kamaji

So was this 'Trumps' secret strategy or a possible strategy presented to Trump by someone else? I seriously doubt, considering Trump obviously has no clue as to how our government works could put together anything remotely resembling this strategy.

@GtHawk it was authored by one of Trump's attorneys:

authored by Trump-affiliated lawyer Kenneth Chesebro

Online corbe

Didn't they try to seat alternative electors from at least 1 state?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.