Author Topic: Biden says he has ‘practically’ declared a climate emergency  (Read 312 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden says he has ‘practically’ declared a climate emergency
by Rachel Frazin - 08/09/23 9:25 AM ET

President Biden in a new interview says he has ‘in practice’ declared a national climate emergency, though he has not actually announced such a declaration.

A national emergency declaration on climate change is a specific tool the president has at his disposal that would unlock other powers related to climate change.

Experts told The Hill last year that these powers could range from using the Defense Production Act to provide loans to bolster climate-friendly energy sources and to prevent oil exports.

Asked by The Weather Channel in an interview that aired Wednesday about whether he was prepared to declare a national climate emergency, Biden responded that he had “already done that.”

“We’ve conserved more land. We’ve…rejoined the Paris Climate Accord,” he said, also appearing to allude to legislative accomplishments.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/4145095-biden-says-he-has-practically-declared-a-climate-emergency/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Biden says he has ‘practically’ declared a climate emergency
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2023, 02:02:21 pm »
That's exactly what a dictator would say.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online LMAO

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2023, 03:03:56 pm »
What is a climate emergency? That the climate changes?

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2023, 03:29:16 pm »
What is a climate emergency? That the climate changes?
Summer.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2023, 03:31:17 pm »
What, exactly, is the "emergency", and what, exactly will the government do to produce a verifiable solution?

Keep in mind, we're on our way to Fall weather and cooler temperatures, and anything along any normal curve of seasonal temperature decline at this point can be said to be natural.

Note, too, that during COVID shutdowns, the absence of emissions and particulates in the atmosphere from shut down industries led to higher than normal surface temperatures (nothing up there to block the sun), so the obvious solution should include a ramping up of industry and more emissions, not less.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 03:32:17 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis