Author Topic: Joe Rogan ‘appalled’ at political outrage over ‘Barbie:’ ‘It’s a f—— doll movie!’  (Read 414 times)

Offline Kamaji

Joe Rogan ‘appalled’ at political outrage over ‘Barbie:’ ‘It’s a f—— doll movie!’

By Alexander Hall, Fox News
August 9, 2023

Podcaster Joe Rogan marveled Tuesday at the political outrage that resulted from the new “Barbie” film that he described simply as a “fun movie” about “dolls who come to life.”

“A lot of people are upset about the Barbie movie, and I left perplexed,” Rogan said to his guest, Post Malone, describing it as merely a “fun, silly movie about dolls who come to life.”

“But a lot of it is about the patriarchy, and it’s a comedy, it’s a comedy about dolls,” he said. “People are upset that it’s this progressive metaphor for life that they’re pushing progressive politics in this, and I’m like, ‘It’s a f—— doll movie!’ It’s a doll movie. It’s a fun movie about dolls who come to life and try to interact with the real world,” he argued.

“No one’s ever done a movie like this before. This is not like anything else you could say. It was a bizarre movie, but it was a fun, silly movie, I laughed,” he said. “But at the end of it I was like, ‘How did people get outraged at that?’ I know some people personally who said it’s anti-men. I’m like, ‘No, it’s making fun of dorks.’”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/09/joe-rogan-appalled-at-political-outrage-over-barbie-its-a-f-doll-movie/

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Grand kids saw the movie.  I told them this was Ken and Barbie back in my day:

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Grand kids saw the movie.  I told them this was Ken and Barbie back in my day:

:silly: