Author Topic: Trump mockery of Christie's weight takes a turn after audience member chimes in: 'Don't call him a f  (Read 3627 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 August 8, 2023 7:05pm EDT
Trump mockery of Christie's weight takes a turn after audience member chimes in: 'Don't call him a fat pig'
'Christie — he's eating right now. He can't be bothered,' Trump joked at New Hampshire campaign stop

By Brandon Gillespie | Fox News

Former President Donald Trump mocked fellow Republican presidential hopeful and former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie over his weight during a campaign stump speech in New Hampshire on Tuesday.

The moment took a turn, though, when Trump jokingly admonished a member of the audience who, according to the former president, called Christie a "fat pig."

"Christie – he's eating right now. He can't be bothered," Trump said during the speech as the crowd laughed.

"Sir, please do not call him a fat pig. That's very disrespectful. Don't call him – see, I'm trying to be nice," Trump then said, addressing the audience member who Trump said called Christie the name.

"Don't call him a fat pig. You can't do it. You can't do that. So now, because you're not allowed to do that, and, therefore, we're not going to do it, OK? We want to be very civil, right?" Trump said as he chuckled.

Trump's comments were just the latest instance of his poking fun at Christie's weight, something he's done on multiple occasions in the past.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-mockery-chris-christie-weight-audience-member-fat-pig
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Trump certainly hasn't changed; he's a very childish narcissistic bully.  I find him an embarrassment and a very poor example for our children.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Trump certainly hasn't changed; he's a very childish narcissistic bully.  I find him an embarrassment and a very poor example for our children.

Screw the children.  Trump could never tack a dodge ball to the nuts.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online corbe

Finally, after 7 years of Trump sucking all the oxygen out of the room, America is waking up.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just because Christie has to avoid the beaches to keep his security people from having to fight with the Greenpeace people trying to push him back in the water is no reason to make fun of him.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Lando Lincoln

Finally, after 7 years of Trump sucking all the oxygen out of the room, America is waking up.

I’m just exhausted of the guy, in every way.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I'm exhausted with the media making everything a referendum on Trump.

They try to gin up hatred of the man, then paint every side of every issue they don't like with his brand, as if he had anything to do with those other issues. Honest political and even scientific discussion has always been difficult to find, but this makes it damned near impossible.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Fair enough @Lando Lincoln   So, how about you consider moving out of the way and allow those patriots who aren't bitterly tired to spend their energy fighting and winning the second American revolution with less clutter in the road?

Online corbe

Why don't you Trumpers quit your idolizing and help US elect a REAL Conservative to move this Country forward? 
   Yall are on record that you will sit out 24 if it's not Trump.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ScottinVA

Damn, I miss the Reagan era.  Today’s GOP is a stinking, molded shell of what it once was.

Offline LMAO

Fair enough @Lando Lincoln   So, how about you consider moving out of the way and allow those patriots who aren't bitterly tired to spend their energy fighting and winning the second American revolution with less clutter in the road?

Lol

You people can’t even win elections much less a second revolution unless you’re hinting at violence here in which I hope that’s not the case

Most revolutions end up in a dictatorship. No thanks. I prefer reducing the size and scope of the federal government
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

Lol

You people can’t even win elections much less a second revolution unless you’re hinting at violence here in which I hope that’s not the case

Most revolutions end up in a dictatorship. No thanks. I prefer reducing the size and scope of the federal government

:thumbsup:

Trump couldn't even complete a wall, let alone anything more complex or complicated.

Online kevindavis007

Lol

That is true... What happened after our Revolutionary War was a fluke. 99% of all Revolutions usually end up bad. Case in point, The French Revolution.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I'm exhausted with the media making everything a referendum on Trump.

They try to gin up hatred of the man, then paint every side of every issue they don't like with his brand, as if he had anything to do with those other issues.

I'd put 90% of the blame for that on Trump himself.  He deliberately personalizes everything, and chooses to use over the top "bravado" to keep himself in the headlines.

The lack of policy discussions, etc., is one of the reasons a lot of us are sick of the guy.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 12:56:32 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

That is true... What happened after our Revolutionary War was a fluke. 99% of all Revolutions usually end up bad. Case in point, The French Revolution.

I agree with your point although I wouldn't say our Revolution being different was a fluke.  It was different because it was led by sober, responsible, very well-read men.  Being well-read was critical because it made them very well aware of all the other governments/rulers whose societies had failed or become corrupted throughout history, and why.

Probably most importantly, they weren't trying to tear everything down.  The basic structure of colonial society, including all the colonial legislatures, the legal system based on English common law, etc. were all left intact.  All they really changed was who/what were at the very top, and even then, they tried to limit the power of those at the top so they couldn't interfere with all the normalcy they were trying to preserve.

The French Revolution, on the other hand, was motivated by a desire to remake society top to bottom.  So they had to get rid of "the elites", and tear down all the existing structure that they declared to be rotten.

The way I see it now, if there is a second revolution in this country from either the right or left, it's going to look a lot more like the French Revolution than the American.  Rhetoric on both sides is just much more French than American.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 12:17:00 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline andy58-in-nh

Same here.

It's always all about him.  Issues are unimportant; personality is all.

Everyone else is always an idiot or fat or stupid or crazy... or some other insult among the endless juvenile verbal ejaculations that Trump spews like Mt. Vesuvius.

For the love of God and country: enough already. Can we please have an adult leader?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.

For the love of God and country: enough already. Can we please have an adult leader?

Emphasis on leader. That’s what this country needs, if it has any chance to survive.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline LadyLiberty

Trump has this MO where he says something like "people tell me @#$(&^ all the time." I never believe that stuff, it's just a way for him to bring something controversial up, discuss it, and put it out there without taking ownership of the subject itself.

So did someone in the crowd actually say not to call Christie a fat pig? I doubt it. Why would someone who didn't want him to use "fat pig" actually use it themselves? Probably Trump pretending he heard it so that he could use the term himself while blaming someone else for it.

Offline Polly Ticks

Trump has this MO where he says something like "people tell me @#$(&^ all the time." I never believe that stuff, it's just a way for him to bring something controversial up, discuss it, and put it out there without taking ownership of the subject itself.

So did someone in the crowd actually say not to call Christie a fat pig? I doubt it. Why would someone who didn't want him to use "fat pig" actually use it themselves? Probably Trump pretending he heard it so that he could use the term himself while blaming someone else for it.

Maybe it was that John Barron guy that said it first.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Maybe it was that John Barron guy that said it first.

:silly:
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline mountaineer

I'm hoping we can win "the second American Revolution" without acting like 12-year-old boys.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Lando Lincoln

No.

But, here is what I will do:  I will seek and support an (hopefully) able person among the alternatives that the field provides. I will not be so self-absorbed to think my candidate leaving the detritus of destroyed would-be allies in his wake is patriotic or noble. I will pray for some measure of maturity if not statesmanship
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline cato potatoe

Has anyone ever asked Donald why he wears ties from the Big & Tall section at JC Penney? 

My hope is that Trump shows up to one of these republican debates.  I seriously doubt he will if Christie is on the stage.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

What does this even mean?

Online kevindavis007

Sorry, but I don't want another American Revolution. We already had one! Here is what I want. I want someone who acts like a damn adult when it comes to running for President. 
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/