Author Topic: Trump likely to face gag order after he targeted prosecutors, witnesses, and judges online, experts  (Read 448 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump likely to face gag order after he targeted prosecutors, witnesses, and judges online, experts say
Published Mon, Aug 7 20236:46 PM EDTUpdated Tue, Aug 8 20239:57 AM EDT
thumbnail
Kevin Breuninger

Legal experts predict a gag order is likely coming against former President Donald Trump.
    Trump has taken to social media to attack the prosecutors, potential witnesses and even the judge after his most recent arraignment on charges of election interference in 2020.
    “You don’t usually see somebody so blatantly trying to basically break the rules of trial,” a former New York prosecutor told CNBC.
    Special counsel Jack Smith has already flagged the ex-president’s social media tirades as a cause for concern as he seeks a protective order in the election case.

As Donald Trump cranks up his attacks on a growing list of targets linked to his numerous legal battles, experts predict the former president could soon be strapped with a court-ordered muzzle.

But it’s an open question, they say, whether a gag order could be enforced against Trump, now a top White House contender with a reflexive social media habit and a campaign message built around his self-proclaimed political persecution.

“I think a gag order is likely, I’m just not sure if it will be enforced,” former federal prosecutor Neama Rahmani told CNBC.

“A lot of the judges that I’ve seen cover these types of political cases, they’ve been all bark, no bite,” he said.

A lawyer for Trump did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

more
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/07/trump-gag-order-is-likely-given-his-online-attacks-pence-jack-smith-legal-experts-say.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

He needs to stop this. This might be part of the reason he can’t hang on to lawyers
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

He needs to stop this. This might be part of the reason he can’t hang on to lawyers

I agree.  He needs to quit mouthing off to judges and prosecutors like he's some middle school punk.

Does he really think this is helping him at all??  The judges are likely to throw the book at him, because they can and don't exactly appreciate him mouthing off.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
I agree.  He needs to quit mouthing off to judges and prosecutors like he's some middle school punk.

Does he really think this is helping him at all??  The judges are likely to throw the book at him, because they can and don't exactly appreciate him mouthing off.

Great advice.
And not a snowball’s chance in hell he will take such advice.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

He still thinks he's a reality TV star playing to the camera, he is an egomaniac with all the restraint of a five year old. Even though the charges are almost all bogus or inflated, trump just might talk himself into some convictions. Not everyone in America is part of his base who eat up his nonsense.