Author Topic: Chip Roy threatens to withhold support on appropriations unless Mayorkas is fired  (Read 309 times)

Offline corbe

Chip Roy threatens to withhold support on appropriations unless Mayorkas is fired

by Cami Mondeaux, Congressional Reporter 
August 08, 2023 01:07 PM

Rep. Chip Roy (R-TX) is outlining his latest demands in the fight over appropriations and government spending, issuing an ultimatum to the Biden White House in exchange for his support on the must-pass legislation: the ouster of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas.

In a Dear Colleague letter sent out to lawmakers on Tuesday, Roy listed a number of demands the Texas Republican said must be met in order for him to support legislation funding the Department of Homeland Security or to vote for a continuing resolution ahead of the looming Sept. 30 deadline. Those demands include measures to tighten security at the southern border, which Roy argues is a “national crisis.”

“Enacting a CR would unacceptably mean continuing the funding level and policies of the disastrous FY 2023 omnibus, which Speaker [Kevin] McCarthy correctly argued perpetuates the border crisis,” Roy wrote. “Passing a full-year DHS appropriations bill without forcing the significant change necessary to secure the southern border is equally objectionable, even with some policy riders.”

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/chip-roy-threatens-support-appropriations-unless-mayorkas-fired
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

This is Rep Chip Roy @sneakypete
   He has already endorsed DeSantis.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Nice move, but he doesn't have the guts to carry this one through.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
This is definitely a very bold move and I hope he holds to it.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
   This is Rep Chip Roy @sneakypete
   He has already endorsed DeSantis.

That means Chip is an enemy of @sneakypete @Trumps Fluffer What is her tinder name...Right in Trump?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.